Master Acoustics and Audio with Postgraduate Study
Create a better sounding world Master acoustics and audio
We come into contact with acoustics and audio every day, often in ways don’t fully realise or understand. From headphone moments and live gigs to the vibrations of our transport to tranquil homes, sound – good or bad – makes a difference to our wellbeing. Learn how you can build a better sounding world with a postgraduate degree.
Start an acoustics and audio career path in 2023
Postgraduate study can help you to refocus, upskill or specialise. Rising to the challenge of our changing world, our postgraduate courses in acoustics and audio production that can be the start of the next chapter in your career. Read on to discover more about our degrees with a difference.
Join our next Open Day
Register to attend our next Open Day to learn more about our acoustics and audio postgraduate courses and speak to the course team. Our next online event is on Wednesday 23 November 2022.
Take your career further
Refocus - take your science and engineering undergraduate qualifications into the exciting field of acoustics
Specialise - build on your existing acoustics and audio knowledge and skills to unlock career growth opportunities
Prepare - use postgraduate study as a springboard to future research.
Acoustics and Audio The Salford Experience
Immersive learning. Research-led. Industry focused.
For over 60 years, Salford has pioneered acoustics study and research to develop new knowledge, noise legislation and commercial audio products. Led by expert tutors, our range of postgraduate acoustic and audio-focused courses explore the science of sound, vibration and its human impact.
- Flexible learning pathways - our modular postgraduate courses are available with flexible study pathways, including full-time and part-time study, so you can achieve your learning goals and keep your current commitments.
- Study topics including architectural acoustics, psychoacoustics, dynamics and vibration, computer modelling and measurement
- Have the opportunity to study specialist modules in digital signal processing and advanced loudspeaker and microphone design
- Available with full-time and part-time either on campus or distance learning
Audio Production (MSc/PgDip)
- Experience learning in audio-post recording, radio and TV studios as you study audio engineering and production at our sophisticated MediaCityUK campus, next door the BBC and ITV
- Develop advanced skills highly-sought by communication, media and entertainment industries
- Available with full-time and part-time study pathways
Postgraduate research programmes
A research programme at Salford can take your passion for acoustics and audio further.
We engage in a wide range of research fields, including architectural and building acoustics, audio, environmental noise and soundscapes, psychoacoustics, signal processing, materials and vibro-acoustics.
We currently offer MRes, MPhil and PhD programmes in acoustics and audio research.
Follow us @SalfordAcoustic
Hear our latest industry collaborations and research news. Follow us on Twitter:@SalfordAcoustic
Fees and funding
A postgraduate qualification is a great investment in your future. We've put together a summary of the essential fees and funding information covering tuition fees, postgraduate loans, scholarships and discounts.
How to apply
If you're ready to apply, you can start your journey today. Postgraduate applications are made directly with us - and the application form can take as little as 20 minutes to complete.
Contact our friendly course enquiries team with any queries about postgraduate study or a particular course:
Telephone (8am-6pm): 0161 295 4545
Campus life big city buzz
Located just 2km from Manchester city centre, we're at the heart of Greater Manchester - one of the most vibrant and diverse regions in the UK.
With a range of onsite parking, excellent public transport links and Salford Crescent train station a short walk from our enviable parkland campus, commuting here couldn’t be easier.