Dr. Sana Belguith
School of Science, Engineering and Environment
Lecturer in Cyber Security
After completing my engineering degree in Telecommunication from the National Engineering School of Tunis in Tunisia, I joined the Polytechnic School of Tunisia to undertake a PhD in Cloud Computing Security which I completed in 2017. I have also been a visiting researcher at Telecom SudParis, France in 2016.
Afterwards, I moved to New Zealand in 2017 to start my post-doctoral research at the University of Auckland.
I moved to Salford in 2018 to take up a lectureship position.
Areas of research
Applied Cryptography, Privacy Enhancing Technologies, Security and Privacy Issues in Decentralised & Distributed Systems, Blockchain, Privacy Issues in Machine Learning
Areas of supervision
Applied Cryptography to enhance security and privacy in decentralised and distributed systems., Privacy preserving technologies, Security and privacy issues in smart cities, Intelligent transport systems, Smart homes, 5G networks, Software defined networks, Cloud computing and IoT, Blockchain
I deliver different undergraduate and postgraduate modules on Cyber Security, including Cyber Forensics, Cyber Investigation and Network Security.
My research focus is in the area of applied cryptography. Particularly, my research addresses the issues of distributed and decentralised systems’ security, fine grained access control, and users’ privacy preservation in the context of several real-world applications. I have big interest in working on interdisciplinary research topics that are applied to real life problems. I mainly investigate security issues and examine privacy preserving challenges from different points of view, including jurisdictional, economic, philosophical and technical directions. Taking into consideration these diverse design dimensions, my research focuses on the secure design of distributed systems and their application within large-scale environments, including smart cities, intelligent transport systems, smart homes, 5G Networks, Software Defined Networks, Cloud Computing and IoT.
- PGCAP – University of Salford (2020)
- PhD – Tunisia Polytechnic School (2017)
- Engineering Degree (2012)
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
Examples of Previous MSc Projects:
- A Blockchain-based Data Provenance Scheme for Cloud Computing.
- Digital Forensic Investigation of Cryptocurrency Wallets
- Intermodal Address Access Control Management.
- Could integrating Huawei into the United Kingdom’s 5G infrastructure compromise national security?
- An Investigation of Wearable Device Forensics, Technologies and Platforms
- Investigating Bluetooth Low Energy Security in Smart Lock (Case Study Of Zktl400b Smart Lock)
- Botnets Analysis and Detection Techniques Through Network Behavior Analysis