Dr. Rose Baker
Salford Business School
Emeritus Professor of Applied Statistics
- MA Cantab, 1968, PhD Cantab, 1972.
- 1972-1973] Lecturer in Physics, Indian Institute of Technology, Powai, Bombay
- [1973-1977] Research Associate, Rutherford High Energy Laboratory, Chilton, Didcot, Berks
- [1977-1980] Computing Officer, Computing Services , University of Salford
- [1981-1990] Senior Computing Officer, AIS, University of Salford
- [1990-1997] Lecturer, Department of Mathematics, University of Salford
- [1998-2001] Reader in Statistics, University of Salford
Rose Baker is an applied statistician and Professor in Statistics with considerable research experience and interests in modelling real world problems and developing data fitting techniques. Her main research and teaching interests are applied statistics, distributions, permutation and non- parametric tests, meta-analysis, epidemiology and clinical trials analysis, and finance. Her first degree from Cambridge was a double first in Theoretical Physics and she holds a Ph.D. in High Energy Physics. She has had overseas experience in India.
FRSS, FIMI, CStat, CMath, member ISI.