Request a loaned book
You can request one week and normal loan items using Library Search. Requested items can be transported for collection between Media City and Clifford Whitworth.
Request using Library Search
- Sign in to Library Search
- Search for the item and click on the Get it tab.
- Click on request.
- Enter pickup* details and click on Request button.
- Click on Place request, and the Requests screen will be displayed.
- Click on Confirm.
- If your request is successful, you will see the message: 'Successfully placed request' followed by details of the request.
You can't make a request if there are items available on the shelf or if you have charges on your account.
When your request is available
You will be sent an email when your request is ready for collection. Requested items will be placed on the Request shelf near the self-service machines for seven days. Request slips, showing the requester's last name, are visible. Items are placed in alphabetical order based on the requester' last name. If you can't find the requested item on the shelf, please visit the library Enquiry Desk.
Remember to use the self service machines to issue your requested items to your Library account.
We're here to help
Do you have an enquiry or maybe you just need some help?
Use our online form to Ask the Library, Chat with us via instant messaging.