We are home to cutting-edge research that makes a difference. Our aim is to transform the quality of life for society and the wellbeing of future generations through a better and more sustainable future.
With the largest group of research centres at the university, plus world-class test facilities such as Energy House and the Acoustics Research Centre, we’re leading the way for innovation and research.
Why join our team?
- Our world-class research is changing lives and industry
- We invest - over £65 million into new facilities
- Collaboration is at the heart of what we do - you'll be part of a broad network of experts in their fields
- Our award winning test facilities are leading the way for cutting edge research
- We are passionate about nurturing the next generation of industry leaders
- We are one of the largest schools within the University, home to over 6000 students and over 370 colleagues
- We are a hub of discovery and innovation
We offer over 200 career-focused undergraduate, postgraduate and research degree courses across human and natural sciences, computer science, engineering, acoustics, architecture and the built and natural environment. With fast-growing specialisms in architecture, biomedical science, cyber security and robotics, the evolving portfolio includes many exciting study fields for our digital-driven society.
Our multi-disciplinary courses, research priorities and industry collaborations, will shape the next generation of urbanists, scientists, engineers and industry leaders.
Industry collaboration is at the heart of what we do. Our partnerships help us to deliver innovative research, share expert knowledge and develop specialist facilities to enrich our students’ learning.
Our Research and Innovation Centres work together to collaborate around the world’s greatest challenges including Net Zero, Climate Change and Resilience, Healthy Living and Industry. Our focus is on translating our pioneering research into real-world impact for people and industry and our research is recognised as world leading.
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary and excellent pension scheme
- Generous annual leave plus the option to buy additional days
- Professional development - a comprehensive package of training and development opportunities to help you achieve your full potential
- Our community – there’s a real sense of belonging here at Salford. We value diversity — in backgrounds and in experiences. Our difference makes us stronger, and together we share a passion for improving students’ lives
- The perks! MySalford, our online employee portal, offers a wide range of lifestyle benefits and discounts
- Wellbeing – your wellbeing is our priority. We have a wide range of dedicated services and facilities to support your mental and physical health
- Sustainable Salford - We embed sustainability in all aspects of university life and have a commitment to becoming NetZero Carbon by 2038
- Location and campuses - Our location sets us apart. We are just 2km from Manchester city centre. Our Peel Park campus is unique and offers lots of green spaces and a wide range of facilities on site
- Team Salford - By joining us, you can be part of our ambitious journey and help make a real difference to the people and communities we support
Did you know?
88% of our research impact submissions are either world-leading or internationally excellent
For over a decade, Energy House has led research and innovation in housing energy efficiency
For over 60 years, Salford Acoustics has been a UK leader in teaching and research, with facilities that have shaped innovative audio products and set noise legislation worldwide