We are home to cutting-edge research that makes a difference. Our aim is to transform the quality of life for society and the wellbeing of next generations into a better and more sustainable future.
With the largest group of research centres at the university, plus world-class test facilities such as Energy House and the Acoustics Research Centre, we’re leading the way for innovation and research.
Why join our team?
- Our world-class research is changing lives and industry
- We invest in the future - with more than £65million gone into new facilities in the last 5 years
- Collaboration is at the heart of what we do - you'll be part of a broad network of experts in their fields
- Our award winning test facilities are leading the way for cutting edge research
- We are passionate about nurturing the next generation of industry leaders
- We are one of the largest schools within the University, home to over 6000 students and over 370 colleagues
- We are a hub of discovery and innovation
We offer nearly 200 career-focused undergraduate, postgraduate and research degree courses across human and natural sciences, computer science, engineering, acoustics, architecture and the built and natural environment. With fast-growing specialisms in architecture, biomedical science, cyber security and robotics, the evolving portfolio includes many exciting study fields for our digital-driven society.
Our multi-disciplinary courses, research priorities and industry collaborations, will shape the next generation of industry leaders.
Industry collaboration is at the heart of what we do. Our partnerships help us to deliver innovative research, share expert knowledge and develop specialist facilities to enrich our students’ learning.
Our Research and Innovation Centres work together to collaborate around the world’s greatest challenges including Net Zero, Climate Change and Resilience, Healthy Living, Smart Cities and Industry. Our focus is on translating our pioneering research into real-world impact for people and industry and our research is recognised as world leading.
Did you know?
88% of our research impact submissions are either world-leading or internationally excellent
For over a decade, Energy House has led research and innovation in housing energy efficiency
For over 60 years, Salford Acoustics has been a UK leader in teaching and research, with facilities that have shaped innovative audio products and set noise legislation worldwide