We are committed to providing a proactive service that will make the campus and surrounding community a safe place in which to study, live and work. Here at the University we pride ourselves on our students being able to study and socialise in a safe environment. The safety of all staff is also of paramount importance in support of our students.
We provide a security service that is available for advice and assistance 24 hours a day.
Security Services is responsible for all types of security arrangements and the provision of expertise and advice which include:
- The provision of a dedicated team of in-house staff who maintain a security presence on the campus.
- A dedicated central control room maintained in the Maxwell Building operating 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Access control systems, burglar alarms and CCTV.
- Out-of-hours access to students and visitors.
- Control of car parking on University campuses.
We are based at Maxwell Well and can be contacted on the following phone numbers:
- Internal Emergencies (for emergencies only and not IT issues): 5333
- Internal Control Room: 54773
- External Control Room: +44 (0)161 295 4773
- External Emergencies (for emergencies only and not IT issues): +44 (0)161 295 3333