We are committed to providing a proactive service that will make the Campus and surrounding community a safe place in which to study, live and work. Here at the University we pride ourselves on our students being able to study and socialise in a safe environment. The safety of all staff is also of paramount importance in support of our students.
We provide a security service that is available for advice and assistance 24 hours a day.
Security Services is responsible for all types of security arrangements and the provision of expertise and advice which include:
- The provision of a dedicated team of in-house staff who maintain a security presence on the Campus.
- A dedicated central control room maintained in the Maxwell Building operating 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Access control systems, burglar alarms and CCTV.
- Out-of-hours access to students/visitors’.
- Control of car parking on University Campuses.
University CCTV Policy and Single ID Card Use Policy
We have recently agreed and approved a new CCTV policy for the whole campus.
Procedure for Entering A Building Out of Hours
Please click on the link below to view the above procedure for staff and Students.
Campus Security Policy
Please click on the link below to view the policy for campus security.