Frequently asked questions

A list of frequently asked questions relating to the estates section of the website.

Around campus

How do I report lost or found property?

If you think you have lost something elsewhere in the University, then please contact the Estates department. Their main reception desk is on the ground floor of the Maxwell building. Call them on +44 (0)161 295 4444, or email

How do I contact Security Control?

External Emergencies: +44 (0)161 295 3333

Internal Emergencies: 53333

External Control Room: +44 (0)161 295 4773

Internal Control Room: 54773

See the Security page for more information.

Where can I park my bicycle securely?

Please see the Travel page for information on cycle parking and storage.

Where can I find directions to the University and a Campus Map?

Directions to the university and a campus map.

Car parking

Where can I park?

How much is car parking?

Detailed information on car parking and costs.

How do I obtain a car parking permit?

Detailed information on car parking and costs.

I have received a Parking Charge Notice (PCN) and want to dispute it. What do I do?

Follow the appeals procedure as detailed on the front of the Parking Charge Notice (PCN).

Once I have paid for parking via PayByPhone, can I move from one car park to another?

Yes, if there is still time available on the tariff you selected.

Campus projects

What is the plan for the University of Salford Estate?