Discover the funding opportunities available to our students.
Santander Start-Up Pitching Competition
Pitch your business idea for a chance to win £500 in start-up funds and a fast-track application for a place on Launch@SafordUni.
The Start Up Pitch Competition provides a funding opportunity to help you turn your business idea into a reality. The funding can be used to test your idea and get your business off the ground.
We encourage applications from anyone who has a passion to make a difference in their community, start their own business, or turn their idea in to a reality. Funds can be used to support start-up costs including, equipment, marketing, web development, venue hire, product development and insurances.
Applications for the pitching competition are currently closed.
Criteria and considerations when applying:
- You must have the relevant permissions to start a business in the UK.
- You must be able to provide evidence that there is a need for your business using market research.
- Your business idea must be sustainable. For example, this can't be a one-off project, it must be a business that will hopefully make enough profit to be able to sustain itself.
- Any student or recent graduate (within one year of graduating) can apply.
Santander Travel Award
Applications for the Santander Travel Award for the academic year 2021/2022 are now closed.
Applications for September/October & January/February for the academic year 2022/2023 are to be confirmed.
The Santander Travel Award is an opportunity to get funding for either £500 for travel within UK/EU or £1,250 for International travel. The funding will go towards a travel opportunity in relation to your studies and to help gain practical experience in your field. The funding can be used to help with travel, accommodation and living costs for your trip. The amounts awarded are per application. Email us at email@example.com for more information.
This award can fund:
- Travel for internships or work experience in your field of study.
- Study visits linked to a field of study or research.
- Visit to an overseas conference.
- Attendance at summer schools.
Marking criteria and considerations when applying:
- The trip will have significant personal benefits to you and will help overcome any barriers to study.
- The trip has the potential to lead on to further projects and opportunities.
- The trip has links to your field of study.
- The trip will give you practical skills that will enhance your employability.
Have an innovative project or idea and need funds to make it happen? Why not take a look at FundUs, the University's crowdfunding site specifically designed to support student success.
You will get step by step guidance from the Alumni Engagement team to help you manage your project and crowdfunding bid. This is a fantastic way of raising money for a project or resource by the power of the internet and social media. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Speak to a Small Business Adviser
Our Small Business Advisers are on hand to help. Book an appointment on Advantage or call +44 (0)161 295 0023 (option 5).
Appointments are available for current students and graduates of the University of Salford only.