Discover the funding opportunities available to our students.
Santander Travel Award
Applications for the Travel Award Dates 2021-2022:
Applications Open - 11th October 2021
Applications Close - 5th November 2021
Applications Open - 17th January 2022
Applications Close - 18th February 2022
The Santander Travel Award is an opportunity to get funding for either £500 for travel within UK/EU or £1,250 for International travel. The funding will go towards a travel opportunity in relation to your studies and to help gain practical experience in your field. The funding can be used to help with travel, accommodation and living costs for your trip. The amounts awarded are per application. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
This award can fund:
- Travel for internships or work experience in your field of study
- Study visits linked to a field of study or research.
- Visit to an overseas conference.
- Attendance at summer schools.
Marking criteria and considerations when applying:
- The trip will have significant personal benefits to you and will help overcome any barriers to study.
- The trip has the potential to lead on to further projects and opportunities.
- The trip has links to your field of study.
- The trip will give you practical skills that will enhance your employability.
Have an innovative project or idea and need funds to make it happen? Why not take a look at FundUs, the University's crowdfunding site specifically designed to support student success.
You will get step by step guidance from the Alumni Engagement team to help you manage your project and crowdfunding bid. This is a fantastic way of raising money for a project or resource by the power of the internet and social media. Contact email@example.com for more information.
Speak to a Small Business Adviser
Our Small Business Advisers are on hand to help. Book an appointment on Advantage or call 0161 295 0023 (option 5).
Appointments are available for current students and graduates of the University of Salford only.