Science Postgraduate Study
Our scientific knowledge is growing. Tackling global pandemics is one area of science where brilliant minds are unlocking genomic codes, finding cures for major diseases, and discovering more about life. Join them with a postgraduate science degree.
If you are looking to advance or specialise your current science career, or take a new direction into biosciences, see where a postgraduate science degree with the University of Salford can take you.
Science Postgraduate Courses
Salford is at the heart of the bioscience community. We pioneer knowledge exchange through our dedicated teaching, collaborative research, and investments in our world-class Bodmer Laboratories.
Available with full and part-time study routes, our science postgraduate courses are designed to equip science graduates and professionals with laboratory skills, critical-thinking and analytical techniques to thrive in the bioscience revolution.
Biomedical Science (MSc)
- Build you knowledge about cutting edge experimental techniques through direct engagement with biomedical communities
- Develop a comprehensive, multi-disciplinary expertise in specialist subject areas, integrated with applied clinical laboratory skills
- Explore key topics in biomedical science delivered by academic experts in our world-class Bodmer laboratories
- Learn how genetic modification and genome editing contribute to both medical and commercial research
- Build your understanding of genome editing technology (CRISPR) and the possibility of adjusting the genome to achieve desired goals
- Experience teaching and learning in our world-class Bodmer laboratories as you develop practical and analytical skills
Drug Design and Discovery (MSc)
- Learn where chemistry, nanotechnology and genome technology is pushing the boundaries of biomedical research
- Acquire strong training in drug synthesis and analytical methods, natural product chemistry and molecular modelling
- Develop transferable skills relevant to a wide variety of professional careers, including analytical techniques and problem-solving skills
Postgraduate Study Benefits
Open up new career opportunities in exciting new fields in biosciences
Expand your existing scientific and laboratory-based skills for career development
Build specialist knowledge in areas such as biomedical science, biotechnology and drug design
Great reasons to choose Salford
Industry-focused. Our learning approach integrates with professional practice and and NHS environments
Experienced academics. Our postgraduate science courses are delivered by bioscience research-active teams
Career-focused. We nurture our students to be highly-skilled practitioners and excellent communicators, ready to push the bioscience boundaries
A record of success. You'll find our alumni working in teaching, scientific research, and in senior roles at organisations such as AstraZeneca, the NHS, and Cancer Research UK
World-class facilities. Our £3m Bodmer Laboratories are packed with industry-standard research equipment that keeps your learning at the forefront of discovery.
Research-rich Our postgraduate course are part of our vibrant bioscience research community, a collective advancing scientific knowledge
Advance Your Science Career
A postgraduate degree with Salford is a rewarding investment in your future.
Learn more about our postgraduate courses by visiting our next open day - we have dates throughout 2021.
You can speak directly to course leaders, ask questions, explore course modules and consider your options.