Postgraduate Open Days
There are many great reasons to get a postgraduate degree. Whether you want to continue your studies, change career direction, study flexibly or access enterprise training while you learn, discover how our postgraduate courses can help you become unstoppable at our Postgraduate Open Day.
Register your interest
Our Postgraduate Open Day takes place in February 2021. Register your interest using the form below:
What to expect
This event will include a range of talks, Q&As and tours, where you can learn more about masters courses, research degrees and postgraduate life at the University of Salford. In the current circumstances we can't guarantee that these events will be face-to-face but will keep you up to date. Regardless, you'll have the opportunity to:
- Explore how postgraduate study differs to undergraduate study
- Find out about postgraduate fees and funding
- Speak to current students and members of our postgraduate recruitment team
- Take a campus tour
- Learn about the facilities on our campus
- If you're interested in a masters degree or MSc degree, speak one-on-one with our tutors
- Get information about our application and selection processes
- Talk to our askUS staff about student support
- Learn more about Degree Apprenticeships
Industry relevant courses
Whether you’re studying for one of our professionally accredited masters degrees or being taught by one of our actively practicing academics, our extensive links to industry can connect you with a range of rewarding and challenging careers.
Develop your employability while you study. Access placements on many of our courses. Alternatively, get opportunities to go on internships and work on live professional briefs, giving you valuable industry experience.
Studying in our Business School? Internships are available for every postgraduate student. Apply your learning in a commercial environment and gain crucial industry connections in the process.
I gained employment before I had even graduated.
"I gained employment before I had even graduated. During my interview I was told that I stood out because I had a level of understanding and knowledge that the company were looking for, which has all come from this course."
Flexible start dates
Lots of our postgraduate programmes offer multiple intakes throughout the year, so you don't always have to wait until September 2021 to start your postgraduate studies. Want to start soon? Explore the courses you could begin in March or June 2021.
Salford Business School
- LLM International Business Law
- MSc Accounting and Finance
- MSc Digital Business
- MSc Digital Marketing
- MSc Human Resource Management and Development
- MSc International Business
- MSc International Business with Law
- MSc Management
- MSc Managing Innovation and Information Technology
- MSc Marketing
- MSc Operations Management
- MSc Procurement, Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- MSc Project Management
- MSc International Events management
School of Health and Society
- MSc Advanced Clinical Practice
- MSc Advanced Counselling and Psychotherapy
- MSc Advanced Physiotherapy
- MSc Applied Social Work Practice
- MA Nursing (Adult)
- MA Nursing (Children and Young People)
- MA Nursing (Mental Health)
- PgCert Family Group Conferences
- MSc Ultrasound Imaging
- PGT Work Based Learning: Using and Disseminating Evidence into Practice
School of Science, Engineering and Environment
- MSc Advanced Control Systems
- MSc Aerospace Engineering
- MSc Audio Production
- MSc BIM and Digital Built Environments
- MSc Biomedical Science
- MSc Biotechnology
- MSc Building Surveying
- MSc Construction Management
- MSc Cyber Security, Threat Intelligence and Forensics
- MSc Data Science
- MSc Drug Design and Discovery
- MSc Environmental Assessment and Management
- MSc Gas Engineering and Management
- MSc Health and Global Environment
- MSc Real Estate and Property Management
- MSc Robotics and Automation
- MSc Parasitology (Biomedical)
- MSc Parasitology (Genomic)
- MSc Parasitology (Wildlife)
- MSc Petroleum and Gas Engineering
- MSc Quantity Surveying
- MSc Quantity Surveying (Mechanical and Electrical)
- MSc Project Management in Construction
- MSc Safety, Health and Environment
- MSc Sustainability
School of Arts and Media
Three good reasons to choose us...
Many of our students have secured placements in impressive companies like IBM, Nissan and Umbro. Choose a postgraduate course at the University of Salford and get opportunities to gain industry experience while you study.
Changing direction? Discover courses you could study with a good first degree in any area. We offer nearly 50 master’s courses for students with a good first degree in any subject, so you don’t need to have previously studied in a related area to apply.
If you’ve got a business idea we’ll support you to develop it. So far we’ve awarded £40,000 of funding to Launch Entrepreneurs, have supported 600 students with enterprise training, and have helped 65 students to start their own business.
Cutting edge facilities
In the last five years we've invested £160 million in facilities that mirror what you'll find in industry.
Need more information?
If you've got a question about postgraduate degrees, we're here to help. Just take a look at our FAQs below. If your question isn't answered here, please get in touch with our friendly team on email@example.com or call +44 (0)161 295 4545.
Do I need to book a place?
Yes, you will need to book a place on our Postgraduate Open Day to attend. Bookings will open around six weeks before the event. In the meantime, you can register your interest using the form at the top of this page. We will then send you a reminder when bookings open and keep you up to date with dates, timings and how the event will work.
When does this event take place?
Our next Postgraduate Open Day will take place in February 2021.
Can I bring family and friends?
Of course. Choosing a postgraduate course is an important decision, so we’d absolutely encourage anyone who is supporting you to get involved and attend some of the sessions.
I have a disability. What support is available for me?
Please tell us about your access requirements when you book onto this event. We’ll then work with you to make sure we can support you on the day. You'll also get the opportunity to have a one-to-one appointment with our disability and wellbeing team during the event.
We have worked closely with AccessAble, the leading provider of access information for disabled people in the UK, to produce an assessment of our campus and facilities. This work has provided detailed information about our access. To learn more, please visit AccessAble's website. If you have any questions about accessibility on campus, please get in touch with us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you'd like to find out about study related support, please contact our disability and learner support team.
I can't make this event. Are you holding any other sessions?
We are running a series of online sessions designed to help guide you through your application journey. For more information and to book your place, take a look at our postgraduate events page.