Master Environmental Management with postgraduate study
Secure better futures Master environmental management
Achieve net-zero emissions. Ensure global health. Protect previous ecosystems. There is so much we urgently need to do. Now is the time rebuild a sustainable planet.
If you are considering postgraduate study to either advance your career or take a new direction where you can better manage our environment, see where a environmental management-focused postgraduate degree with the University of Salford can take you.
Start an environment career path in 2023
Rising to the challenge of our perilous world, we offer a range of environment postgraduate courses that can be the start of your next journey. So, whether you are looking to help your organisation be more sustainable, or you want to drive policies to make a difference, our courses can help you achieve your goals.
Join our next Open Day
Start your environmental management postgraduate study journey and meet the course team. Register now for our next online Open Day on Wednesday 23 November 2022.
Take your career further
Refocus - our environmental management postgraduate courses are ideal for graduates or career-switchers looking to develop a career in sustainability or the environment
Prepare - enhance your existing technical knowledge in preparation for a more senior role, or to move into academic or industry-based research
Specialise - use postgraduate study to build specialist knowledge in areas such as sustainability, project management and digital transformation
Environmental Management The Salford Experience
The University of Salford is growing its teaching, research and consultancy services for environmental-management based practitioners. We deliver courses that build your professional practice knowledge, help you analyse the ‘big issues’ in environmental science and develop critical thinking skills.
- Immersive approach - we use authentic, experimental problem-based learning to help you develop a range of relevant and transferable skill in professional communication, project management and professional networking.
- Real-world relevant - our postgraduate courses are delivered by academics and practitioners who are part of our Ecosystems and Environment Research Centre, a community supporting goals such as achieving zero hunger, clean water and sanitation, creating safe and sustainable cities and communities, and preserving life below water and on land. Our postgraduate courses all include research design and delivery. You will learn to plan and execute a programme of research and to analyse research results in a field and laboratory settings
Environmental Assessment and Management (MSc)
- Explore management, technological and regulatory systems designed to reduce environmental risks
- Build legal, economic, social and scientific perspectives of environmental assessment and management
- IEMA accreditation enables course graduates to qualify for GradIEMA professional status
Health and Global Environment (MSc)
- Develop critical and analytical skills to manage a range of health-specific topics with global relevance
- Learn how to implement the theories behind health and the global environment
- Understand the role and impact stakeholders and institutions have in influencing global health
Safety, Health and Environment (MSc)
- Broaden your knowledge of both environmental and occupational health
- Develop skills relevant to modern Safety, Health and Environment (SHE) practice
- Learn how to undertake health, safety and environmental audits
- Study topical issues, including food security, renewable energy, water security and waste management
- Explore best practice and radical approaches in delivering sustainability projects and practices
- Develop your theoretical and practical knowledge of global issues such as pollution and remediation
Wildlife Conservation (MSc)
- Explore current field methods and techniques used to measure and evaluate biodiversity
- Understand how invasive species and pathogens alter local ecological communities and biodiversity
- Develop skills to produce and interpret maps for conservation planning and monitoring
Environment postgraduate research
Take your subject interest further with postgraduate research.
Our Ecosystems and Environment Research Centre is home to PhD and Research Master’s opportunities exploring a range of topics, from energy and food security to ecosystem services and environmental assessment.
Explore our Doctoral School to learn more about research training, support and opportunities.
Fees and funding
A postgraduate qualification is a great investment in your future. We've put together a summary of the essential fees and funding information covering tuition fees, postgraduate loans, scholarships and discounts.
How to apply
If you're ready to apply, you can start your journey today. Postgraduate applications are made directly with us - and the application form can take as little as 20 minutes to complete.
Contact our friendly course enquiries team with any queries about postgraduate study or a particular course:
Telephone (8am-6pm): 0161 295 4545
Campus life Big city buzz
Located just 2km from Manchester city centre, we're at the heart of Greater Manchester - one of the most vibrant and diverse regions in the UK.
With a range of onsite parking, excellent public transport links and Salford Crescent train station a short walk from our enviable parkland campus, commuting here couldn’t be easier.