Law Courses at Salford
Started to think about uni?
Leaning towards a law degree?
Ready to take your next step?
Salford Business School offers one of the most practical legal educations, where you prepare for career success studying a rigorous law degree in a friendly and supportive environment. We help you hone your professional skills through practical experience with opportunities to shadow working lawyers and judges, cultivate your persuasive arguments in mooting competitions, practise your learning during a year’s work placement and develop your client skills in our law clinics.
Extracurricular activities, like mooting and trips, are organised by our student led Law Society, complementing your studies and enhancing your experience throughout. Through initiatives like the BASS scheme (in partnership with Salford Citizens Advice), you’ll have the chance to offer support to people with welfare benefits appeals in the region, allowing you to not only practise what you’ve learned, but provide help for vulnerable people in the community.
We also support you to develop the soft skills employers are looking for: team working, communication, leadership, technology and ethical practice.
Bring curiosity, build confidence, develop resilience. Become unstoppable.
LLB Law with Criminology
This specialist area of Law combines the essentials of a qualifying Law degree with the opportunity to explore crime and justice from a sociological perspective,
THREE GREAT REASONS TO STUDY AT SALFORD
Choose to take a work placement between years two and three; you’ll earn a salary, pay no University fees and develop your skills for future employability
Develop your real-world experience and help the local community in our legal support schemes
Study in a supportive environment where the staff know you by name and your fellow students become your friends for life
Experience Salford at an open day
Think you know University of Salford? Think again! Our business programmes are all about giving you lots of real, hands on experience to get you ready for a great career. Come to one of our Open Days to find out about how we support you to achieve your best. It’s all about you getting as much information as possible to help you make your university decision.
- Join a course-specific talk and get a better idea of what you learn at Salford Business School
- Meet the staff you’ll be learning with and ask them questions about your course
- Hear from current students and recent graduates about life at Salford
- Find out more about how we support you to achieve your best – smaller class sizes, staff who know you by name, drop in times when you can ask questions about your studies, one to one disability support
- Learn about the opportunities to get the real-world experience that will help you get a great job after you graduate
- See the lecture theatres, teaching rooms, library and campus, all the places that will be the background to your studying.
Book your place at one of our open days.