Open Research Workshops
We offer a wide range of training sessions to help you.
- Choose where to publish open access
- Develop your academic profile
- Get set up with ORCID
- Manage your research data
- Use our repositories USIR and Figshare
All workshops are bookable through Advantage by clicking on the workshop title. We can also provide bespoke training to groups or individuals – email Libraryemail@example.com to request a 1:1 appointment or arrange a training session.
- Starts: 31 Jan 2023, 3:00 pmFinishes: 31 Jan 2023, 4:00 pmVenue: Online & in-personMessage us on Teams or come to the Café with queries about research data management & publishing
- Starts: 15 Feb 2023, 2:00 pmFinishes: 15 Feb 2023, 3:00 pmRemaining places: 39Learn about the benefits of open access and find out how to publish open access.
- Starts: 24 Feb 2023, 11:00 amFinishes: 24 Feb 2023, 12:00 pmRemaining places: 37Learn how to effectively promote yourself and your research online.
- Starts: 15 Mar 2023, 2:00 pmFinishes: 15 Mar 2023, 3:00 pmRemaining places: 42Learn how to use copyrighted material in your research and protect your own copyright.
- Starts: 4 Apr 2023, 11:00 amFinishes: 4 Apr 2023, 12:00 pmVenue: Peel Park Campus, Maxwell, 824Remaining places: 27This workshop will give you an opportunity to sign up to ORCID and begin to build your profile. Please bring a device (laptop, phone, etc.) - if you do not have a device you can borrow a laptop from the library
- Starts: 10 Feb 2023, 11:00 amFinishes: 10 Feb 2023, 12:00 pmLearn about how to manage the data from your research project to comply with University, research funders, and publisher data policies
- Starts: 8 Mar 2023, 2:00 pmFinishes: 8 Mar 2023, 3:00 pmLearn about how to create a data management plan using a simple online tool to ensure your research plans comply with data policies from funders, publishers, and the University.