Open Research Workshops
We offer a wide range of training sessions to help you.
- Choose where to publish open access
- Develop your academic profile
- Get set up with ORCID
- Manage your research data
- Use our repositories USIR and Figshare
All workshops are bookable through Advantage by clicking on the workshop title. We can also provide bespoke training to groups or individuals – email Libraryfirstname.lastname@example.org to request a 1:1 appointment or arrange a training session.
- Starts: 11 Oct 2022, 11:00 amFinishes: 11 Oct 2022, 12:00 pmRemaining places: 31Learn about the benefits of open access and find out how to publish open access.
- Starts: 1 Nov 2022, 2:00 pmFinishes: 1 Nov 2022, 3:00 pmRemaining places: 34Choosing a suitable journal will help your research to achieve its potential reach and impact. This online workshop will show how you how to identify and evaluate journals suitable for publishing your research.
- Starts: 2 Nov 2022, 11:00 amFinishes: 2 Nov 2022, 12:00 pmRemaining places: 34Learn how to use copyrighted material in your research and protect your own copyright.
- Starts: 29 Nov 2022, 11:00 amFinishes: 29 Nov 2022, 12:00 pmVenue: Peel Park Campus, Peel, room 103Remaining places: 14This workshop will give you an opportunity to sign up to ORCID and begin to build your profile. Please bring a device (laptop, phone, etc.) if you have one.
- Starts: 6 Dec 2022, 11:00 amFinishes: 6 Dec 2022, 12:00 pmRemaining places: 38Learn how to effectively promote yourself and your research online.