Terms and conditions
By registering to attend Graduation at the University of Salford, you agree to the below Terms and Conditions.
Tickets for graduation ceremonies for the University of Salford (“University”) will be subject to the following conditions applicable to Graduates and attendees:
- You must complete the “Register to Attend” online process and provide all the required information. You must provide a valid email address as this will be used exclusively for all communication.
- Graduates will not be charged to attend their allotted Graduation ceremony.
- Each Graduate is entitled to request up to two guest tickets, free of charge, provided the graduate has registered to attend.
- Please note that the University will close a ceremony to further bookings once the ceremony is full.
- Guests will be seated separately from Graduates during the ceremony. Graduate seats will be allocated upon registration on the day of your ceremony.
- We will email you confirmation of your complimentary guest tickets once you have completed the online “register to attend” form(s). You must provide a valid and operational email address.
- Your guest tickets will not be posted to you. Guest tickets must be collected from the Graduation Ticket Desk on the day of the ceremony, these will be available 2 hours before the start of each ceremony.
- If we are in a position to sell additional guest tickets, they are sold on a first-come, first-serve basis. Tickets are sold at £12 each and are limited to two per person. If multiple accounts are created to purchase more than two tickets each, the extra tickets will not be valid and will be refunded. They can be purchased by family and friends on your behalf, as long as your student ID number, programme of study and ceremony date and time can be provided.
- The University reserves the right to alter the arrangements for Graduations if reasonably necessary. The alterations will be communicated to you by email or by stewards on the day.
- Security is a priority for the University and you and your guests must comply with all the University’s security arrangements or requirements.
If you or a guest has an access requirement, it is your responsibility to provide information about this during your online registration, or via contacting the Graduation Team on + 44 (0)161 295 2313 or email at email@example.com. If you fail to do so, we cannot guarantee that the appropriate arrangements can be put in place in time for your graduation ceremony. We will be in touch with you to discuss appropriate arrangements.
You will be eligible to attend Graduation if you have completed your programme of study or are in the process of completing your studies this academic year.
You will not be eligible to register for Graduation if you are not due to complete your studies this academic year.
In order to be eligible to attend your Graduation on the day, you must have been successfully awarded at an examination board of the University.
You will not be eligible to attend your Graduation ceremony on the day if any of the following apply to you:
- You have not been successful in receiving an award at an examination board of the University;
- You have not completed your studies or you are due to re-sit or resubmit any part of your programme;
- You have outstanding debts owed to the University.
If the Graduation ceremony cannot take place, is delayed or the ceremony time needs to change due to circumstances beyond the control of University, including (without limitation) fire, explosion, terrorist act (or threat of terrorist act), act of God, pandemic, national mourning, or as a result of any industrial action or dispute involving the University, or the venue at which the Graduation ceremony is due to be held, the University will not be liable for any losses direct or otherwise incurred by the graduands or their guests. The University will, where at all possible, make alternative arrangements for any students affected, but students and their guests should ensure that they have sufficient insurance protection to cover any losses they might suffer as a result of a ceremony being cancelled or delayed.
In the event that any or all of the graduation ceremonies have to be cancelled, rescheduled, or postponed due to circumstances beyond the control of the University of Salford, we cannot be held responsible for any costs incurred by the said cancellations, rescheduling or postponement.
On the day
You must bring your student card or another form of photo ID (passport, driving license) to your Graduation ceremony, arriving two hours prior to the start of your ceremony time at the venue to register and collect guest tickets and your academic robe.
We require proof of purchase from all graduands so that they can collect an academic robe – only the graduand can collect guest tickets and robes.
Once registration closes, you will be classed as a ‘late arrival’ and you will not be able to Graduate.
By confirming your attendance at the Ceremony, you confirm that you agree to wear the official University of Salford academic robes hired via our robing company. Robes must be hired or purchased through the University’s official robe suppliers, Ede & Ravenscroft. Find full details about gowns on our gown hire webpage.
Students/Graduates may request to defer their invitation to a graduation for up to two years after they have completed their studies. If you wish to defer, you must do so by contacting the Graduation Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.