Adopting relatively simple measures can minimise the amount of resources we consume and the quantity of waste produced.
Help us reduce waste
- Avoid disposable charges and use a reusable cup for hot drinks at Salfood outlets and Atmosphere
- Use a refillable bottle for water, find your nearest water refill point on the campus map
- Find out how to reuse at Salford
- Print double sided
- Print two pages or more on one sheet
- Submit work which is double sided and single line spaced (and enable this if academic staff)
- Do you need to buy the item in the first place?
- Do you need to buy the quantity of material?
- Specify energy efficient, durable products that contain little or no hazardous materials and are easily recycled at the end of their life
- Specify materials containing recycled materials, such as post-consumer, recycled content paper
- When buying an item, think about how much waste will be produced during its life and how you will dispose of it