Graduation is a special occasion. You should make sure you are prepared, hold a valid visa and understand how to share this day with friends and family.

Standard visitor visa

If you (and your friends and family) wish to come to the UK to attend graduation and do not hold a current UK visa, you will each need to apply for a ‘Standard Visitor visa’.

Your family and friends may wish to come to the UK for a short visit, or to attend your graduation ceremony. If your friends and family would like to come to the UK for a period of up to six months, they may be able to come as ‘visitors’ too. In this case, they would also need to apply for a Standard Visitor Visa. To find out if your family and friends need a visa to travel to the UK and how to apply please see the Home Office website. The Home Office also detail what supporting documents are required.