Skip to main content

Tier 2 Visa

The Tier 2 (General) category is for those who are from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland and have been offered a skilled job in the UK with an employer who is registered with the UKVI as a Tier 2 sponsor.

To be eligible to work in the UK under a Tier 2 (General) visa you must be sponsored by an employer who has a Tier 2 sponsor license. The UKVI Register of Sponsors contains details on which employers are registered under Tier 2.   In order to apply under Tier 2 (General) there are various requirements that must be met.

Unfortunately, our team are not able to advise on Tier 2 (General) visas. To find more information, we recommend you look at the Salford University careers website, the UKCISA website and the Home Office Tier 2 policy guidance.