Start your registration
Look out for your email with more details of how to register. You must register online with the University to ensure you have access to all the resources you need.
Before you register, please make sure you’ve read our information explaining whether any changes have been made to your course as a result of the pandemic.
Here we will guide you through the steps to complete registration - read all the information carefully before you begin. We look forward to you joining us soon!
1. Begin online registration
2. Confirm your Right to Study
- If you are an international student or have a nationality outside of the EU/EEA, you may be required to provide the University with your immigration documents. The online registration portal will make it clear whether this applies to you and will guide you through the process. For further information please visit our Visa and Immigration pages.
- Please note, you need to upload your documents for a Right to Study check. If you are registering with your CAS as you do not yet have your visa, you can move from the Right to Study section and complete the payment section. Then you can complete this section once you have your visa.
3. Complete online registration
- Check/update your personal information on each screen
- Read and accept the University’s terms and conditions
- Confirm how you will be paying your tuition fees, if this is applicable to you. You can find some advice about how to complete payment on our FAQ page - see the section called "Student Finance, Funding, and Paying Tuition Fees".
4. Receive your student ID card and programme resources
- If your term time address is based within the UK, your student ID card will be posted to you. If your term time address is based overseas, you will receive an email from us advising how you will receive your student ID card
- Only once you have completed all registration steps will you have full access to your student email and Blackboard*, including your class timetable and module/course information.
*Blackboard is the University's Virtual Learning Environment used to support teaching and learning. You must have completed registration and downloaded Blackboard to attend your online induction. For help and advice with setting up Blackboard, visit our FAQS page.
Important registration information
Registration gives you access to the resources you need. Completing registration allows you to receive your student ID card and will fully activate your IT and library accounts so that you can benefit from all their services, both on and off campus. This includes access to Welcome events, and your Welcome and Induction information via Blackboard (for help and support setting up Blackboard, visit our FAQs page).
Please still complete registration if your course has changed and you are awaiting the outcome of an appeal. We will be in touch with you shortly with further information.
It’s really important that you register promptly and before the start of term. This is to ensure you start your programme on time and don’t experience a delay in receiving any funding you have applied for. If for any reason you feel you will be unable to register on time, you should contact your School Office or Research Administrator as soon as possible for advice.
Use your student ID number and PIN to log into the online registration portal via the REGISTER NOW button below. You can find your student ID number and PIN in your welcome email and/or text message. This will be sent out from 16 August onwards. Not received anything yet? Let us know.
If you are an international student, you can find extra information to help you with registration in your Welcome Guide and below. This registration guide for international students will explain the steps involved with registration and support with completing registration online.
Depending on how much information you need to provide as part of your registration (this can vary for each student), the registration process can take up to 30 minutes. Don't worry though, you're able to save your progress and come back to it if you need to check details or add further information.