Start your registration here
Before you register, please make sure you’ve read our information for prospective students explaining whether any changes have been made to your course as a result of the pandemic.
Registration is an important step to starting your student journey. Follow the steps below to ensure you have access to all the resources you need.
If you are based at one of our partner institutions, you will need to register with them as well as with the University of Salford. More information here If you are a Robert Kennedy College student.
1. Begin registration
- Log into the online registration portal using your student ID number and PIN
- Upload a passport-quality photo for your ID card
- Set a password for your University IT account
2. Tell us if you plan to travel to campus
- If you are a split site student and intend to complete part of your studies on campus, you should let us know your expected arrival date by completing this online form
3. Complete registration
- Check/update your personal information on each screen
- Read and accept the University's terms and conditions
- Confirm how you will be paying your tuition fees, if this is applicable to you. You can find some advice about how to complete payment on our FAQs page - see the section called "Student Finance, Funding, and Paying Tuition Fees".
4. Receive your student ID card and programme resources
- Only once you have completed all registration steps will you have full access to your student email and the Blackboard*, including your class timetable and module/course information
- We will then contact you via your student email account advising how you will receive your student ID card
*Blackboard is the University's Virtual Learning Environment used to support teaching and learning. You must have completed registration and downloaded Blackboard to attend your online induction. For help and advice with setting up Blackboard, visit our FAQs page.
Important registration information
Registration gives you access to the resources you need. Completing registration allows you to receive your student ID card and will fully activate your IT and library accounts so that you can benefit from all their services, both on and off campus. This includes access to your Welcome and Induction information via Blackboard VLE (for help and support setting up Blackboard, visit our FAQS page).
It’s really important that you register promptly and before the start of term. This is to ensure you start your programme on time and don’t experience a delay in receiving any funding you have applied for. If for any reason you feel you will be unable to register on time, you should contact your School Office or Research Administrator as soon as possible for advice.
Use your student ID number and PIN to log into the online registration portal via REGISTER NOW button below. You can find your student ID number and PIN in your welcome email and/or text message. This will be sent out approximately 6 weeks before your course commencement date. Not received anything yet? Let us know.
Depending on how much information you need to provide as part of your registration (this can vary for each student), the registration process can take up to 30 minutes. Don't worry though, you're able to save your progress and come back to it if you need to check details or add further information.
If you have any questions about registration, visas, funding or your offer, please visit our FAQs page.