Start your registration here
Before you register, please make sure you’ve read our information about how the Covid-19 pandemic may have affected your course of study.
Registration is an important step to starting your student journey. Follow the steps below to ensure you have access to all the resources you need.
Here we will guide you through the steps to complete registration – read all the information carefully before you begin. If you are based at one of our partner institutions, you will need to register with them as well as with the University of Salford. If you will be studying at Robert Kennedy College, click here for more information.
1. Begin registration
- Log into the online registration portal using your student ID number and PIN
- Upload a passport-quality photo for your ID card
- Set up your University network account for access
2. Tell us if you plan to travel to campus
- If you are a split site student and intend to complete part of your studies on campus, you should let us know your expected arrival date by completing this online form
3. Complete registration
- Check/update your personal information on each screen
- Read and accept the University's terms and conditions
- Confirm how you will be paying your tuition fees, if this is applicable to you
4. Receive your student ID card and programme resources
- Only once you have completed all registration steps will you have full access to your student email and the Blackboard VLE system, including your class timetable and module/course information
- We will then contact you via your student email account to ask how you would like to receive your student ID card
Important registration information
Registration gives you access to the resources you need. Completing registration allows you to receive your student ID card and will fully activate your IT and library accounts so that you can benefit from all their services, both on and off campus. This includes access to your Welcome and Induction information via Blackboard VLE.
It’s really important that you register promptly and before the start of term. This is to ensure you start your programme on time and don’t experience a delay in receiving any funding you have applied for. If for any reason you feel you will be unable to register on time, you should contact your School Office or Research Administrator as soon as possible for advice.
Use your student ID number and PIN to log into the online registration portal via REGISTER NOW button below. You can find your student ID number and PIN in your welcome email and/or text message. This will be sent out approximately six weeks ahead of your programme start date. Not received anything yet? Let us know.