Terms and Conditions
Did you know, our 2022 Applicant Facebook Group is the best way to get involved with life at Salford before you’ve even started studying with us?! Don’t believe us? Try it out – and if you join by 16:00 BST on Thursday 28 April 2022 you could be in with a chance of winning a £50 Ikea voucher!
Already a member? Don’t worry! We’re also rewarding one current member of the group with a second Ikea voucher worth £50. It’s our way of saying thank you to the nearly 2,000 of you who have already made the group such a welcoming and lively community to be a part of.
Ensure you read, familiarise yourself and accept our further terms and conditions (see below).
Terms and Conditions – the University of Salford's ‘Facebook Group’ competition.
By entering this competition, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- This competition is promoted and administered by the University of Salford's Marketing, Recruitment and External Relations (MRER) Directorate, University of Salford, 43 The Crescent, Salford, M5 4WT.
- The competition will run until Thursday 28 April 2022 16:00 BST. Requests to join the group made after this time will not be eligible for entry into the prize draw.
- To participate in this competition, requests to join the Facebook Group must be made by Thursday 28 April 2022 16:00 by an applicant to an undergraduate course starting in September 2022 at the University of Salford, who has not declined or been rejected for an offer of a place. The University of Salford will verify each group membership request to ensure eligibility criteria has been met. Only if an applicant's request to join the group is accepted will they be eligible for entry into the prize draw.
- To be eligible for entry into the prize draw for current group members, the chosen winner must be a current applicant to an undergraduate course at the University of Salford starting in September 2022, and not have rejected or been declined for an offer of a place. They must be a member of the group on or before Monday 25 April 2022 12:00 BST.
- Winners will be contacted by the University of Salford via a private message on Facebook, or via email. Winners must respond within one week of being contacted. After this time the University of Salford reserves the right to choose an alternate.
- No purchase is necessary to enter the competition. The University of Salford is not responsible for any expenses incurred by entrants to the competition.
- The University of Salford reserves the right to exclude any entries which it believes to be inappropriate, fraudulent or based on misconduct.
- The prize is non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for any cash alternatives.
- Any personal data relating to participants will be used solely for the purposes of the competition and shall be deleted as soon as practicable after the competition ends subject to the bullet below. The University shall comply with current UK data protection legislation. Personal Data will not be used for marketing purposes without the individual's (data subject’s) prior consent.