Master Bioscience with Postgraduate Study
Make new discoveries Master Bioscience
Our scientific knowledge is growing. Tackling global pandemics is one area of science where brilliant minds are unlocking genomic codes, finding cures for major diseases, and discovering more about life.
With technology bringing new discoveries to biosciences, it’s crucial to stay on top of trends. If you are looking to advance or specialise your current science career, or take a new direction into biosciences, see where a postgraduate science degree with the University of Salford can take you.
Take your scientific knowledge further in 2023
Rising to the challenge of our changing world, we offer a range of science postgraduate courses that can be the start of your next journey. So, if you are looking to move into the world of biotechnology or you want to learn to bring new therapies and treatments to healthcare, see how we can help you achieve your goals.
Join our next Open Day
Start your science postgraduate study journey and meet the course team. Register now for our next online Open Day on Wednesday 23 November 2022.
Take your career further
Refocus - use postgraduate study to reframe your scientific field on some of the important themes presented by the pandemic. We offer opportunities for you to build relevant and in-demand knowledge in biomedical science, biotechnology and drug design
Prepare - cement your technical knowledge in preparation for a more senior role, or use postgraduate study as a pathway to academia or research
Specialise - build on your undergraduate studies or experience in the health or pharmaceuticals sector. Use postgraduate study to expand your skills in fields such as biomedical science, biochemistry or drug design
Bioscience the salford experience
Immersive learning. Research-led. Industry focused.
Salford is at the heart of the bioscience community. We pioneer knowledge exchange through our dedicated teaching, collaborative research, and investments in our world-class Bodmer Laboratories.
Our bioscience-focused postgraduate courses are all designed to equip science graduates and professionals with laboratory skills, critical-thinking and analytical techniques, ready to thrive in the bioscience revolution.
Biomedical Science (MSc)
- Build you knowledge about cutting edge experimental techniques through direct engagement with biomedical communities
- Develop a comprehensive, multi-disciplinary expertise in specialist subject areas, integrated with applied clinical laboratory skills
- Explore key topics in biomedical science delivered by academic experts in our world-class Bodmer laboratories
- Learn how genetic modification and genome editing contribute to both medical and commercial research
- Build your understanding of genome editing technology (CRISPR) and the possibility of adjusting the genome to achieve desired goals
- Experience teaching and learning in our world-class Bodmer laboratories as you develop practical and analytical skills
Drug Design and Discovery (MSc)
- Learn where chemistry, nanotechnology and genome technology is pushing the boundaries of biomedical research
- Acquire strong training in drug synthesis and analytical methods, natural product chemistry and molecular modelling
- Develop transferable skills relevant to a wide variety of professional careers, including analytical techniques and problem-solving skills
Science postgraduate research
Take your subject interest further with postgraduate research.
Our Biomedical Research Centre is a vibrant, collaborative community home to PhD and Research Master’s opportunities exploring a range of topics, including genomics, biofuels, oncology and genome editing (CRISPR/Cas).
Explore our Doctoral School to learn more about research training, support and opportunities.
Fees and funding
A postgraduate qualification is a great investment in your future. We've put together a summary of the essential fees and funding information covering tuition fees, postgraduate loans, scholarships and discounts.
How to apply
If you're ready to apply, you can start your journey today. Postgraduate applications are made directly with us - and the application form can take as little as 20 minutes to complete.
Contact our friendly course enquiries team with any queries about postgraduate study or a particular course:
Telephone (8am-6pm): 0161 295 4545
Campus life Big city buzz
Located just 2km from Manchester city centre, we're at the heart of Greater Manchester - one of the most vibrant and diverse regions in the UK.
With a range of onsite parking, excellent public transport links and Salford Crescent train station a short walk from our enviable parkland campus, commuting here couldn’t be easier.