We have a range of services available to members of the public, staff and students.
Exercise physiology testing service
Our exercise physiology testing service offers:
- A choice of treadmill or cycle exercise tests relevant to performance in endurance based activities.
- Tests include use of specialist equipment to measure maximal oxygen uptake, running economy, blood lactate and heart rate profiles, and cycle specific power tests that are common practice with elite athletes.
- Setting personalised training zones appropriate to our findings and your goals, which you can apply in your training programme.
This service is offered on the first Wednesday and third Monday of each month, with the first appointment available at 16:00 and the last at 19:00. Additional dates may sometimes be offered. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0161 295 2699 to make an appointment or get more information.
Clinical gait analysis service
Our Clinical Gait Analysis service provides leading-edge support to health professionals treating a range of movement disorders.
The service harnesses state-of-the-art biomechanical technology to gather detailed data on movement patterns during walking in patients with:
- Cerebral palsy (with specialism in analysis pre- and post-surgery, botulinum toxin treatment, selective dorsal rhizotomy and provision of orthoses).
- Metabolic disorders.
- Orthopaedic disorders.
- Other neurological conditions such as multiple sclerosis, acquired brain injury and spinal bifida.
Clinical gait analysis is increasingly used by clinicians to inform treatment decisions for a variety of movement-related conditions. For more information visit the web page.