Head Chef Junior Geyoro and Hospitality Manager Annabel Edmonds bid you a warm welcome to our hospitality and events page.
Our talented team has created a diverse range of healthy and exciting menus to suit your catering requirements, from an informal working lunch or a full day's conference to an annual gala dinner.
Any queries? Feel free to contact our hospitality manager:
Terms and Conditions
To avoid any disappointment, please take a moment to read our booking terms and conditions before placing your hospitality request.
- Chartwells is the University chosen provider of hospitality and catering across campus. The use of external caterers is not permitted. All food and drink for hospitality must be purchased via Salfood.
- Before booking any hospitality we ask you to make sure the room you are choosing is available and suitable for the type of refreshments you are ordering. Please arrange for any tables to be available with the relevant building manager or using the room booking timetabling form which can be accessed through the help desk.
- We cannot accept any bookings without an Internal Cost Code. If your external vistors are booking hospitality they need an Internal Cost Code. The University will cross charge any invoices to these cost codes for you to claim back from your guestes if required.
- The food options in this brochure are for service and delivery between 08.00 - 17.00 Monday to Friday. A member of our team will be happy to discuss possible options if your request falls outside of these hours. Charges may apply.
- All costs listed in the brochure incorporate a delivery and transport charge only. If any members of staff are required to service your event, front of house team members are £20 per hour, whilst chefs are £30 per hour.
- Please allow 10 minutes either side of your delivery time in peak periods.
- Our bookings are delivered with disposable plates and cups as standard. Crockery is available on request. If your booking requires multiple drops of crockery over 12 covers per sitting, please be mindful your event will require a member of staff to service your event to wash and replenish your crockery.
- The layout of certain buildings may, for health and safety reasons, restrict the service we can offer, and it may be necessary for a ‘disposable’ service to be used. Likewise, building and maintenance works throughout the University may cause disruptions to our ability to deliver hospitality at certain times. We will advise at the time of booking.
- Cancellations made within the booking notice period may be charged. Cancellations made on the day will be charged in full. There is a minimum booking notice period - please see the table below. Bookings made outside of these notice periods may be subject to an out of notice period surcharge.
- The hospitality equipment delivered must stay in the room, and missing pieces of equipment will be charged for. Tablecloths can be hired for the charge of £2.50 per cloth (70x144cm). All tariffs are per person and exclude VAT at the current rate.
- Please do not remove the allergen data packs provided with your catering booking. These will be collected by our team at the end of your event.
- All food is for immediate consumption.
|Request||Minimum booking notice period needed|
|Tea and coffee and cold drinks||24 hours|
|Breakfast, lunches and buffets||3 working days|
|VIP lunches/dinners||5 working days|
Many thanks in advance for your co-operation.