Professor Vish Maheshwari
Salford Business School
Associate Dean Academic - Student Experience
I am a Chartered Marketer and a Fellow of Chartered Institute of Marketing, having completed my PhD in Marketing from University of Liverpool. I have studied Civil Engineering, specialising in Transportation, as first degree followed by a Master's award in Business Management. I am a Senior Fellow of the Advance HE and actively contribute as QAA's International Quality Reviewer.
I am an experienced higher education leader committed to deliver excellence in teaching and learning, passionate about immersive digital pedagogies to build graduate competencies and enhance student experience. In addition to several academic posts, previously, I have also held strategic leadership roles such as Head of Department and Director of Postgraduate programmes, successfully delivering on strategic priorities to include academic portfolio development, high quality student experience, implementation of technology enhanced learning and efficient resource management.
I have successfully secured several research grants including British Academy's Newton Fund, Santander Universities International Research Excellence award, CONFAP and have also led successful award of multi-million-pound tender to deliver academic programmes for MOD.
Areas of supervision
Digital Marketing, Place Branding and Management , Management Consumer Behaviour
- Marketing Research
- Digital Consumer behaviour
- Strategic Management
- Research Methods
- Neuro Marketing
- Consumer Behaviour
- Place Branding and Management
- PhD, Marketing
- MA, Business Management
- BEng, Civil Engineering with Transportation
- Senior Fellow, Advance HE
- Chartered Marketer and Fellow, Chartered Institute of Marketing
- Fellow, Chartered Management Institute
- QAA, International Quality Reviewer
- As Project leader, successfully led submission and award of a competitive tender to deliver academic programmes to military personnel - £5.7m, August 2021.
- Newton Fund grant in collaboration with CONFAP – circa $5,000 – July 2019 – study proposed to explore tourists and residents’ responses to tourism promotional ads: an experimental study with eye-tracking device – with Prof. Janaina Girladi at University of Sao Paulo
- British Academy Newton Fund – institutional mobility grants (2018) – £10,000 circa – with colleagues at University of Sao Paulo, Brazil for developing collaborative research initiatives (2018)
- QR Research Grant – Country Branding project in South America - £4,000 (2018)
- International Research Excellence Award – Santander Universities research grants scheme and University of Sao Paulo research funding (2015-16) – research project exploring Country Brand Image of Brazil and evaluating residents’ attitudes towards Olympics 2016 - £1,500
- Learning & Teaching Grant – Internationalisation of HE – University of Chester (2016) - £2,000
- European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) – part of project team delivering training for SMEs covering areas of strategic marketing development and planning including brand management across Yorkshire region (2012-2014) – total income - £1.5m circa.
- Business Enhancement Scheme and small-scale consumer-behavior based research project for the retail institute – Leeds Library project for the Leeds City Council (2013/14) - £2,500.