Dr. Stephen Kelly
Salford Business School
Lecturer in Supply Chains, Procurement & Project Management
Stephen Kelly is a lecturer in Supply Chains, Procurement & Project Management at the University of Salford Business School. He is a highly experienced edcuator, researcher, and purchasing and supply management (PSM) professional, having worked for a number of academic institutions. Before his academic career, he worked for over ten years in industry in a variety of supply chain management roles for companies such as Siemens, GEC, and the NHS.
He has published supply-chain related research in a variety of leading academic journals such as the Journal of Purchasing & Supply Management, International Journal of Operations & Production Management, Journal of Public Procurement and Production, Planning & Control. His research interests include supply-chain related skills, Industry 4.0, negotiation, gamification, and the videogames industry. He was the institutional lead in two large European Union-funded projects which researched PSM skills and Industry 4.0 and was previously the Vice-President of the International Purchasing & Supply Education and Research Association (IPSERA), as well as the co-founder of its annual Educator’s Workshop.
He has a Ph.D. in Management Science from Lancaster University Management School, is a chartered professional member of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply (CIPS), CIPS Assessor, Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (SFHEA), Fellow of the Chartered Management Institute (FCMI) and Chartered Association of Business Schools Certified Management & Business Educator (CMBE). He has been visiting faculty at the iaeLyon School of Management (France) and Nehemiah Gateway University (Albania).
Areas of supervision
Purchasing and Supply Management skills and capabilities., Industry 4.0, B2B negotiation
- Purchasing and Supply Chain Management
- Operations Management
- Project Management
- Purchasing and Supply Management skills and capabilities.
- Industry 4.0
- B2B negotiation
- Supply Chain performance management
- Videogames industry
- PhD in Management Science (Lancaster University Management School)
- LL.M in European Union Law for UK Businesses
- MA in Performance Practice
- LL.B (Hons) in European Legal Systems
- Prince2 (Project Management) Foundation Award
- Chartered Professional Member of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (MCIPS)
- Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (SFHEA)
- Fellow of the Chartered Management Institute (FCMI)
- Chartered Association of Business Schools Certified Management & Business Educator (CMBE)