Dr. Stephen Allen
School of Science, Engineering and Environment
Maxwell Building - Room 508e
Please email to arrange an appointment.
Lecturer in Construction Management
Prior to joining University of Salford in September 2018 Dr Stephen Allen had spent the previous two years renovating residential properties in Johannesburg, South Africa and was a lecturer at the School of Construction Economics and Management at the University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg since August 2013 having previously lectured at the University of Cape Town from January 2009 until January 2012.
Prior to this he spent four years at Heriot Watt University in Edinburgh as a lecturer in Construction Economics and Management. Before joining Heriot Watt, Stephen worked as a consultant for the Department of Health, Limpopo, South Africa in 2004. Stephen also worked as a Lecturer in the Manchester Centre for Civil & Construction Engineering, Project Management Division, UMIST, University of Manchester (2001-2004); a Research Scientist at CSIRO in Brisbane, Australia (2000-2001); a Research Scientist at CSIR in Pretoria, South Africa (1997-2000); and a Research Assistant at University of Salford (1995-1997). Stephen completed his PhD at University of Salford in 1997 where he also gained BSc (Hons) First Class in Quantity Surveying and Construction Economics in 1992.
- Construction Process Management
- Lean and Off-Site production management
- Project Management
- Construction Productivity
- Off Site Manufacturing
- Waste Management
- 2001, Postgraduate Certificate in Teaching and Learning, UMIST, University of Manchester
- 1997, PhD, Information Management for Housing Management: A Systemic View, University of Salford
- 1992, BSc Honours (First Class) Quantity Surveying and Construction Economics, University of Salford