Dr. Simon Cassidy
School of Health and Society
Allerton Building, Room L823.
Please email for an appointment.
Dr Simon Cassidy is Senior Lecturer in Psychology and Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy. Part of the team to introduce postgraduate taught provision in psychology at Salford, Simon continues to lead the MSc Applied Psychology (Therapies) and has received the Vice Chancellor’s Distinguished Teaching Award.
Simon is the author of the Academic Resilience Scale (ARS-30) and, with colleagues at Salford and partner institutions, runs research projects and workshops focussed on gaining a greater understanding of resilience and applying this in educational contexts.
With an established track record of research in psychology and education, with topics including academic resilience, wellbeing and mental health, self-efficacy and self-regulated learning, and Higher Education, Simon provides reviews and consultancy for national and international journals and funding bodies.
Areas of research
Psychological Resilience, Psychology & Education, Mental Health and Wellbeing, Construct Measurement
- MSc Applied Psychology
- BSc (Hons) Psychology
- Educational Psychology
- Psychological Resilience
- Psychology & Education
- Mental Health and Wellbeing
- Construct Measurement
- PhD Psychology and Education
- M.Phil Cognitive Neuropsychology
- B.Sc (Hons) Psychology
- Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (SFHEA)
- British Psychological Society Chartered Psychologist (CPsychol) & Associate Fellow (AFBPsS)
- Science Council Chartered Scientist (CSci)
- Member of the Academic Resilience Consortium
- British Psychological Society Psychology of Education Section & Psychobiology Section