Salford Business School
Academic Support Tutor (Intl)
I joined Salford Business School as a member of the Quality team in Professional Services in 2019 before taking up my current role in January 2021. I previously worked in Saudi Arabia for about 8 years teaching English and Academic Skills in Saudi universities, as well as working in Quality Assurance roles in those institutions. I recently published an article on understanding faculty perceptions of QA in higher education, which remains an area of interest for me. As well as being an academic tutor at Salford Business School, I am one of the BAME Inclusivity Leads working on increasing students’ sense of belonging and Decolonising the Curriculum initiatives for the school. In the wider university, I sit on the Assessment Forum, I'm a newly elected member of the University Senate Learning and Teaching Committee, and I am on various other committees and groups.
Areas of research
Decolonizing the curriculum, Quality assurance in HE and faculty perceptions, Impact of quality assurance in HE on developing learning and teaching
- My teaching focus in SBS is around academic support, transition, and developing core study skills for our L7 students, especially our international students.
- Decolonizing the Curriculum
- Quality assurance in HE and faculty perceptions
- Impact of quality assurance in HE on developing learning and teaching
- MA in Learning and Teaching
- BA (Hnrs) in History