Professor Mo Saraee
School of Science, Engineering and Environment
Professor of Data Science and Programme Leader for MSc in Data Science
Mo Saraee is a professor of Data Science at the School of Science, Engineering and Environment, University of Salford-Manchester. He is also the Programme Leader for MSc Data Science course. His research focuses on Data Science, Big Data Analytics and Medical Informatics, with over 140 publications in top-tier journals and international conference presentations. He has secured and led funded projects with income totalling over £700K. His research has addressed multi-disciplinary, cross-school topics with transformative impact, benefiting local communities, dedication to action through real-world application of research including work with both Salford City Council and the NHS. His academic achievement also includes supervising 11 PhDs and MPhil to successful completion
Areas of research
Data Science, Data Mining, Medical Data Mining, Big Data Analytics, Advanced Databases
I have been involved with or currently teaching one or more of the following modules:
- Advanced Databases (MSc)
- Applied Statistics and Data Mining (MSc)
- Business Intelligence (MSc)
- Web Semantic & Information Retrieval (MSc)
- Advanced Database Systems (BSc)
- Database Systems (BSc)
- Data Mining (MSc & BSc)
- Advanced E-Commerce (MSc)
My research interests are in the broad area of Data Science, Big Data Analytics, Intelligent Databases, Advanced Databases (Temporal, Spatial and Multimedia), Actionable Knowledge Discovery, Bio and Medical informatics, Semantic Web and E-Commerce.
- BSc. Computer Science, School of Planning and Computer Applications, Shahid Beheshti University, Tehran, Iran.
- MSc. Computer Science, University of Wyoming, Laramie, Wyoming 82071, USA.
- PhD. Centre of Information Management (CRIM), Department of Computation, University of Manchester, Institute of Science and Technology, Manchester, UK,