Dr. Martin Burby
School of Science, Engineering and Environment
Newton Building - Room G75
Please email to arrange an appointment.
I am a lecturer in the School of Science, Engineering and the Environment and the programme leader for the MSc in Gas Engineering and Management. I lecture on a range of undergraduate and post graduate engineering modules and I have also been involved in curriculum design, development and delivery. I am also the Associate Head of the internationally recognised Spray Research Group (SRG), which undertakes both experimental and computational research into atomisation and systems utilising sprays. I have spent time both in industry and academia in the fields of combustion, spray research and new product development.
Areas of research
Energy utilisation, Sprays, CFD, Combustion, NPD
- Industrial and Commercial Combustion Engineering
- Gas Engineering and Management
My main areas of research are in the fields of energy utilisation, covering industrial, commercial and domestic applications, the design and utilisation of spraying systems, fluid flow, computational fluid dynamics (CFD) and new product development.
- BEng (Hons) Aeronautical Engineering
- EngD (Engineering Doctorate)
- PgDip (Management Science)
- PgCert (Higher Education and Practice)
- Commercial Pilots Licence, CPL (A), Instrument rating (MEP)
- Airline Transport Pilots Licence exams (CAA) frozen
- CEng (Member of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers)
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy