Dr. Martin Burby
School of Science, Engineering and Environment
I am a lecturer in the Petroleum and Gas Engineering Division and am programme leader for the Industrial and Commercial Combustion Engineering and Gas Engineering and Management programmes. I am also the Associate Head of the Spray Research Group. I graduated from the University of Salford with a BEng in Aeronautical Engineering and obtained an Engineering Doctorate from the University of Manchester. I have spent time both in industry and academia in the fields of combustion, spray research and new product development.
Areas of research
Sprays, Combustion, Fluid dynamics, Energy-utilisation, CFD
- Industrial and Commercial Combustion Engineering
- Gas Engineering and Management
My main areas of research cover both experimental and computational analysis in the fields of: combustion technology, the industrial and commercial application of sprays for; cleaning, propulsion, agriculture, aerosol design, decontamination and coating.
- BEng (Hons) Aeronautical Engineering
- EngD (Engineering Doctorate)
- PgDip (Management Science)
- PgCert (Higher Education and Practice)
- Commercial Pilots Licence, CPL (A), Instrument rating (MEP)
- Airline Transport Pilots Licence exams (CAA) frozen
- CEng (Member of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers)
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy