Professor Margaret Rowe
School of Health and Society
Margaret is highly regarded on the regional, national and international stage and was the Higher Education national representative on the Nursing and Midwifery Council Revalidation Strategic Steering Group. As a Council of Deans’ representative, Margaret has collaborated on the development of guidelines for higher education institutions in relation to the revalidation process. Margaret is a board member of: The Salford Health & Wellbeing Board, Health & Education Co-operative Board, HEE North West Regional People Board, Greater Manchester Health and Social Care Strategic Collaborative Board, Improving Medicine with Innovation and Technology Board, and a Governor of the Greater Manchester Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust. She has worked with Health Education England, national and regional bodies and the Greater Manchester Combined Authority. Margaret actively contributes to national and regional debates and forums on workforce issues, policies, and future ways of working in Health and Social Care.
During Margaret’s time as Dean, the School has seen a 10% growth in UG as well as an improvement in the National Student Survey (NSS) and employability (DHLE) ratings, whilst growing Research and Enterprise income and partnerships.
Margaret brings a wealth of international experience to the School, she has most recently attended international delegations to China with the Secretary of State for Health as well as joining Greater Manchester’s mayor, Andy Burnham to India to develop the partnership between India and GM. Margaret has also been involved with the successful development of new programmes and partnerships in a number of countries including Malaysia, Thailand, China, Egypt and India.
- Leadership and Management
- Health and Social care Integration
- NHS policy
- Child Health
- Student Retention and Factors of attrition
- Student wellbeing and resilience
- Leadership in Health and Social care
- Doctorate of Education, Northumbria University (submission)
- Masters of Research Methods, Northumbria University
- Post Graduate Diploma in Education, Northumbria University
- Master of Science in Health Science, Northumbria University
- Post Graduate Diploma in Health and Social Research, Northumbria University
- Registered General Nurse (RGN), Sunderland School of Nursing
- Orthopaedic Nursing Certificate (ONC) Sunderland School of Nursing
- Registered Sick Children’s Nurse (RSCN) Freeman Hospital