Dr. Linda Dubrow-Marshall
School of Health and Society
Lecturer in Applied Psychology (Therapies)
I am a clinical and counseling psychologist (HCPC Registered) and a BACP Accredited Counsellor/Psychotherapist. I am a lecturer in Applied Psychology (Therapies), and I teach at both the undergraduate and postgraduate levels. Previously, I designed and managed the new Counselling and Wellbeing Service at the University of Salford, and I taught for the MSc in Counselling (Professional Training). I am an integrative psychotherapist, and I incorporate hypnotherapy and EMDR into my practice. I have extensive clinical and counseling experience in a variety of settings, including universities, prisons, addiction agencies, psychiatric hospitals, veteran agencies, and private practice. I obtained my PhD in Counselling Psychology from the University of Pennsylvania, USA, and did my PhD dissertation on “Marital relationships of children of Holocaust survivors”. I am currently studying for the Postgraduate Certificate in Academic Practice.
Areas of research
Coercive Control, Psychotherapy, Ethics, Self-Care, Creative Therapies
I teach in the MSc Applied Psychology (Therapies) programme, including Introduction to Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy, Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy and Physical Health, Addictions, and Psychological Therapies for Common Mental Health Disorders. I also teach undergraduate psychology modules, including The Psychology of Mental Health, Developmental Psychology, Introduction to Research Methods, and Further Research Methods. I supervise both undergraduate and postgraduate dissertations.
My current research interests include: Psychology of undue influence and coercive persuasion (e.g. cults and extremist groups), group dynamics and family systems, ethical psychotherapy, psychotherapy outcome, practitioner self-care, CBT and physical health, and single session psychotherapy. I gave a presentation on single session psychotherapy for the psychology seminar series. I am a peer reviewer for the Counselling and Psychotherapy Research Journal, published by the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy and Routledge, and a member of the Editorial Board of the International Journal of Cultic Studies.
- Clinical psychologist, Health and Care Professions Council registered
- Counselling psychologist, Health and Care Professions Council registered
- Accredited counsellor/psychotherapist, British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Registered with British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy Register of Counsellors and Psychotherapists
- Licensed Psychologist, Pennsylvania, USA
- Listed, National Register of Health Service Providers in Psychology, USA
- Certificate of Proficiency in the Treatment of Alcohol and Other Psychoactive Substance Use Disorders, American Psychological Association
- Certification in Clinical Hypnosis and as Approved Consultant in Clinical Hypnosis, American Society of Clinical Hypnosis
- Certification in Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR), Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing Institute, Inc
- British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy, and subdivisions: Association for University and College Counselling; BACP Healthcare
- American Psychological Association
- American Society of Clinical Hypnosis
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing International Association
- International Cultic Studies Association
- FECRIS (European Federation of Centres of Research and Information on Sectarianism)