School of Science, Engineering and Environment
Newton Building Room LG15
Please email for an appointment.
Director of Civil Engineering
1990 Birse Construction Ltd Site Engineer, Meadowhall PTI
1991 Waterman Partnership Graduate Engineer
1995 Ian Holdgate Consultants Associate Director
1997 Jacobs plc Principal Engineer
2005 University of Salford Senior Lecturer and Director of Civil Engineering
Areas of research
Masonry arch, Engineering education
- Level 4. Structures E1 & S1 (20 credits)
- Level 5. Architectural Studies (20 credits)
- Level 6. Civil Engineering Design Exercise (30 credits)
- Level 7. Structural Design with Computer applications (30 credits)
- Level 7. Bridge Engineering (30 credits)
- Resistance of brittle materials to blast and impact loading.
- Comparison of bridge schemes.
- Structural steelwork connections.
- Repair of masonry arch bridges suffering ring separation.