School of Science, Engineering and Environment
Quality Manager – Thermal Measurement Laboratory
I am the Quality Manager of the Thermal Measurement Laboratory, a UKAS Accredited Laboratory (1660) at the University of Salford, with over 15 years of experience in a wide range of scientific measurements including acoustics and thermal properties. I have worked for over 10 years in collaboration with industry, in commercial testing, and in research, and I have shown myself to be flexible and organised whilst working with other countries and cultures. I am experienced in the development and implement bespoke testing used to further understand the thermal, acoustic, and mechanical systems.
- Thermal conductivity
- Waste material reuse for thermal / acoustic products
- Insulation materials
- Affiliate Member of the Institute of Acoustics
- MSc Acoustics by Research – R&D in hearing protection devices, The University of Salford (2007 – 2009)
- BSc Audio Technology, First Class (Hons), The University of Salford (2003 – 2006)
- Brüel & Kjær Certificate in the Theory & Practice of Vibration Measurement
- IOA Certificate of Competence in Workplace Noise Risk Assessment
- A. Simpson, R. Fitton, I.G. Rattigan, A. Marshall, G. Parr, W. Swan, “Thermal performance of thermal paint and surface coatings in buildings in heating dominated climates”, Energy and Buildings, Volume 197, 15 August 2019, Pages 196-213.
- A. Simpson, I G Rattigan, “Conditioning of EPS samples for Thermal Conductivity Testing to EN 13163”, published by Working Group SG19 and EN 13163 standards committee. 4 January 2018. (SG19_ N177_EPS Conditioning SH19 Report_salford university (Uploaded 18 September 2018).
- A. Simpson, I.G. Rattigan, E. Kalavsky, G. Parr, “Thermal Conductivity and Conditioning of Grey Expanded Polystyrene Foams”, Cellular Polymers, 2020, Vol 39(6), Pages 238-262.