Salford Business School
Interim Director Business 4.0 and Subject Head Enterprise
Hazel Joined Salford Business School in October 2021 having previously worked as Head of Staffordshire Business School at Staffordshire University.
Hazel successfully achieved a HND in Business and Finance followed by a BA Hons in Economics before completing Her MA in Education Leadership. She is currently studying a PHD to identify the barriers faced by older entrepreneurs in order to identify the policies changes required to support them. Her latest publication is a chapter on Silver Entrepreneurs in a book entitled Entrepreneurship Education: A Lifelong Learning Approach edited by Sukanlaya Sawang and published by Springer.
She is leading on a HEIF project called Latepreneures to provide support to those over the age of 50 years in Greater Manchester who are looking to start their own business
Hazel is also an assessor for the accreditation of the Small Business Charter (SBC) available to Business Schools. Currently Business Schools awarded the SBC Leading to Grow Programme to micro-businesses, funded by BEIS to support SMES to grow following the pandemic.
Areas of supervision
Entrepreneurship, Management, Leadership
- Creative Business Ideas
- Business Planning
- Leadership and Management
- Barriers faced by older entrepreneurs in order to identify the policies changes required to support them
- Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- HND Business and Finance
- BA Hons Economics
- MA Educational Leadership
- Currently working towards PHD to Identify the barriers faced by older entrepreneurs in order to identify the policies changes required to support them