School of Arts and Media
Pathway Leader: Graphic Design: Motion and Interactivity
Gary Peploe works as lecturer, artist and a designer; he works with and has developed numerous video installations, both interactive and passive. His work has been shown nationally and internationally, winning a ZKM award for Urban Cycles an international collaboration between the UK and Bulgaria. He works with and develops multi synchronous narrative, often resulting in large-scale multi-screen works.
Gary Peploe graduated with a BA Honours Degree in Interactive Arts from Manchester Metropolitan University in 1997 and was awarded an MA in Creative Technology from the University of Salford in 1998. He has lectured on undergraduate and MA courses since 2000 and taught at the National School of Art in Sofia, Bulgaria.
Gary Peploe is the Motion and Interactivity pathway leader of BA Honours Graphic Design at the University of Salford. He is a Director and founder of Interval an artist led organisation, which focuses on digital media practice. He is also one of the founder members of Loosecollective an innovative design agency with a 21st century business model.
Areas of research
Art, Digital, Installation, Video/Moving image, Immersive
- University of Salford BA(Hons) Graphic Design 2010-Present.
- Motion & Interactivity Pathway Leader
- MMU BA(Hons) Design & Art Direction 2000-2010
- MMU BA(Hons) Interactive Arts 2000-2010
Narrative, Video Installation, Locative Media, Illusion, Magic & Neuroscience.
- MA Creative Technologies 1998 BA(Hons) Interactive Arts 1997.
- Member of Research Centre: Creative Technology & Communications September 2011 - present.
- External Examiner BA(Hons) iMedia, Liverpool John Moores