School of Health and Society
Allerton Building, Room C706.
Please email for an appointment.
Lecturer in Physiotherapy
Bethan has been involved in teaching at the University of Salford firstly as an external lecturer since 2011 and now as a part-time lecturer since December 2015. Bethan's roles is in the teaching and assessment of the BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy programme with particular interests in paediatrics, respiratory care and simulation-based teaching. Until recently, Bethan work clinically at the Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital, specialising in Paediatric Intensive Care Physiotherapy as well as treating children with a wide range of respiratory and rehabilitation needs.
- Undergraduate Physiotherapy Programme
- Assessment and Management of Complex Physiotherapy Practice
- Cardiovascular and Respiratory Assessment and Management module
Profession lead and delivery
- High-fidelity simulation
Bethan's research interests lie in the research of paediatric respiratory care and literature surrounding the educational benefit of simulation-based teaching. Bethan's MSc dissertation evaluated the confidence and perceived competence of paediatric physiotherapists delivering respiratory care following simulation-based training.
- PG Certificate in Academic Practice
- MSc Advanced Paediatric Physiotherapy
- BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy
- BSc (Hons) Biological Sciences
- Health and Care Professions Council
- Chartered Society of Physiotherapy
- Association of Physiotherapists in Respiratory Care
- Paediatric Respiratory Care Specialist Interest Group
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy