Dr. Ashley Weinberg
School of Health and Society
Senior Lecturer in Psychology
Dr Ashley Weinberg is a Chartered Psychologist, Senior Lecturer in Psychology at the University of Salford and a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy. He has 20 years experience in lecturing, research and consultancy, having produced four books on well-being at work and the functioning of national politicians. He also specialises in interactive workshops with audiences as diverse as psychiatrists, community health trainers, students and dentists applying psychological theories to real-world situations. From 2000-2006, Ashley led the establishment of the Psychology department at the University of Salford, where he continues to be based. He is a media contact for the British Psychological Society and has contributed to broadcasts in the United Kingdom, USA, Australia and France.
Areas of research
Well-Being, Stress, Political Psychology, Public Sector, Emotional Intelligence
Ashley organizes and delivers final undergraduate year options in both Occupational and also Forensic Psychology, as well as jointly leading second undergraduate year modules in Social Psychology and Individual Differences. He organises supervision for postgraduate Psychology students completing the College research methods module.
- Interventions for improving employee well-being at work – previous studies have included assessing psychological health in a range of public sector occupations including social and voluntary services, higher education, National Health Service and the UK Parliament
- Development and assessment of emotional intelligence at work
- Assessing the impact of management coaching in the workplace
- PhD supervision in a range of areas related to well-being at work and organisational functioning
- PhD from the University of Manchester, Department of Psychiatry on ‘Sources of Stress in the NHS’
- MSc in Occupational Psychology from the University of Sheffield
- Chartered Psychologist and media contact for the British Psychological Society
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy