School of Health and Society
Lecturer in Mental Health Nursing
Angelina joined the University of Salford in February 2009 as a Lecturer in Mental Health Nursing. This was Angelina's first academic appointment following over 20 years of clinical and management experience in clinical practice. She held many roles from staff nurse, sister, ward manager, community practitioner and community team manager positions. Angelina's clinical experience has included adult general nursing, followed by mental health nursing within acute inpatient, older people and community practice settings. Later she developed her career within the field of education as a training manager within an NHS Mental Health Trust, before moving into higher education.
Whilst at the university Angelina has held various module leadership roles. Acted as personal tutor for both nursing associates and pre-registration mental health nurses and was awarded the Personal Tutor award by the student’s union in 2017. She has taught across many programmes both undergraduate and post graduate and continues to do so whilst providing academic supervision at both levels too. She has a keen interest and passion for teaching clinical skills and in particular through the use of simulation.
Angelina has held an external examiner role and is experienced in mentoring new staff with a keen interest in the professional development of students. Angelina has been involved in various research projects, published in these areas whilst acting as a reviewer for some nursing journals. She has authored some textbook chapters alongside editing and publishing a couple of mental health nursing text books.
Currently teach within the School’s undergraduate nursing and postgraduate programmes. Co-module lead for Field Specific Care Needs (Y2) Exploring Field Specific Care (Y1) needs within the undergraduate nursing programme. Personal tutor duties providing pastoral care to cohorts of mental health students.
- Physical Health Problems in Mental Health
- Leadership and Management
- Mental Health to Non-Mental Health Students
- Physical Health Problems within Mental Health using Simulation
- Mental Health Awareness for Non-Mental Health Students/Practitioners
- Mental and Physical Health
- Mental Health within Generic Advanced Practice
- Professional Development
- MSc Leadership and Management for Healthcare Practice
- PGCE including Lecturer / Practice Educator status with NMC
- BSc(Hons) Professional Practice of Nursing with ENB Higher Award
- Diploma Professional Practice of Nursing
- Registered Mental Nurse
- Registered General Nurse
- Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy