Sam Grogan appointed to Advance HE Board
Advance HE has appointed the following new members to the its Board and Committees.
- Janet Legrand – Senior Lay Member of Court, The University of Edinburgh and Vice-Chair, Committee of Scottish Chairs
- Annette Hay – Senior Research Partner, Coventry University
- Professor David Sadler – Deputy Vice Chancellor, Education, University of Western Australia
- Heather Francis – Chief Finance Officer, University of the Arts London
- Paul Woodgates – Accountant and recently retired Partner and Head of Services to the Education Sector, PA Consulting
- Dr Samuel Grogan (co-optee) – PVC Student Experience, University of Salford.
Co-opted to Committees:
- Dr Graham Hillier – Royal l Society Entrepreneur in Residence and previous Chair of the Employment and Finance Committee, Northumbria University (Audit, Finance and Risk Committee)
- Professor Randall Whittaker – Pro Vice Chancellor (Academic), Leeds Art University (Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Committee).
Commenting on the appointments, Stephen Marston, Chair of Advance HE’s Board and Vice-Chancellor of the University of Gloucestershire, said, “I am delighted to welcome the new members to the Board and our Committees. They will bring a wealth of expertise and experience from a range of professional backgrounds, while also adding to the diversity of our Board membership.
“This is an exciting time to be working with Advance HE. We have now moved successfully beyond the merger and integration phase to the next key step of delivering our new Strategy 2021-24. The strategy was developed in close consultation and partnership with members and stakeholders, and our strengthened Board will play an important part in overseeing successful delivery of our key strategic goals to: enhance confidence and trust in higher education, address systemic inequalities for staff and students, and advance education to meet the evolving needs of students and society.
“I very much look forward to working with all my Board colleagues and Advance HE to achieve this.”
For all press office enquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org.