Borrow an extended loan laptop
Extended loan laptops can be loaned for four weeks at a time.
To borrow Extended Loan Laptops bring your student ID to the Enquiry Desk instead of the usual laptop lockers. You must also return your laptop and charger to the Enquiry Desk.
Where to find the laptops
|Location||Locker ID (Letter)||Number of Devices||Device Types||Loan Length|
|Clifford Whitworth (Ground Near PC Suite)||A||72||HP Laptop||24 hour|
|Clifford Whitworth (Ground Near PC Suite)||B||48||HP Laptop||24 hour|
|Allerton Learning Space||C||60||HP Laptop||24 hour|
|Chapman 1st floor||D||36||HP Laptop||24 hour|
|University House||E||36||HP Laptop||24 hour|
|Clifford Whitworth (Ground Near Entrance)||F||36||HP Laptop||24 hour|
|MCUK||G||24||Acer Laptop||1 week|
|Clifford Whitworth (1st floor Near PC Suite)||H||48||Acer Laptop||1 week|
|Clifford Whitworth (1st floor Near PC Suite)||H||48||MacBook||1 week|
|Lady Hale (1st Floor)||J||48||Acer Laptop||1 week|
|Lady Hale (1st Floor)||J||36||MacBook||1 week|
|Clifford Whitworth (Enquiry Desk)||Desk||212||HP Laptop||4 weeks|
Please login to the Wi-fi on campus before taking your laptop home. The laptop will not work off campus if you do not do this.
You also need to borrow a charger which you can pick up at the Clifford Whitworth or Media City Enquiry Desks.
You are responsible for the laptop/charger while it is loaned to you. It must not be left unattended or loaned to anyone else. Fees will be charged for stolen, lost and damaged laptops and chargers. If you are aware that what you loan is damaged, please take it to the Library Enquiry Desk as soon as you notice the fault.
The Library Loan Policy contains all the details about your responsibilities when loaning items from the Library.
|HP Laptop is returned in an irreparable condition (as specified by third party supplier)||£850|
|HP Loss of Laptop power cable||£30|
|Acer Laptop is returned in an irreparable condition (as specified by third party supplier)||£1186.80|
|Loss of Acer Laptop charger||£41.94|
|MacBook is returned in an irreparable condition (as specified by third party supplier)||£1714.41|
|Loss of MacBook charger||£83.61|
|Returned device requires repair||Fee subject to cost of repair as determined by Digital IT|
A courtesy email is automatically sent to you whenever you borrow a laptop and charger. It lists the locker details (e.g. 'Locker Number AB 01: Library Laptop'), and the date and time the laptop needs to be returned.
Key points about laptop loans
- You are fully responsible for any and all damage to the equipment on your library account and costs associated with them.
- Damage/loss/theft of equipment must be reported immediately to the library services team.
- You are responsible for returning equipment in the same condition in which it was borrowed.
- Lost or damaged equipment could result in you paying full replacement or repair cost.
- Equipment must be returned by the return date.
- Returned devices will only be removed from your library account if they are plugged into the lapsafe locker.
- Borrowing blocks may apply to late returns or returned devices that are not plugged into the lapsafe locker.