What to expect: All laptops are thoroughly sanitised by our staff before and after use.
- We can extend the loan times on the majority of our 24 hour loan laptops until 1st February. Please come in and visit us at the Enquiry Desk during our staffed opening hours if you would like a laptop with a longer loan period.
- We will retain a number of laptops to remain as 24 hour loans to accommodate the demand from students who are remaining on campus and/or regularly using the Library facilities.
Trimester laptop loans - Service update
All of our trimester laptops are now loaned out. However, if you'd like to borrow a laptop over the festive period we can extend the loan time on our 24 hour laptops until the first week of February! Call in to the Library to find out more.
We'll keep this web page up-to-date so please keep checking here for updates on the trimester laptops availability.
Our 24 hour loan laptops are kept in laptop lockers at the following locations:
- Clifford Whitworth Library - 228 laptops
- Allerton Learning Space - 60 laptops
- MediaCity Library - 36 laptops
Borrow a laptop
Visit the Enquiry Desk instead of the usual laptop lockers. You must also return your laptop to the Enquiry Desk so one of our friendly staff members can sanitise it for the next user.
Late and non-return
Please adhere to the loan length of the laptop that you have borrowed. If you do not return the laptop or charger within the loan period the following will happen:
Late return: A warning
Second late return: A week's ban from borrowing laptops
Third late return: A 12-week ban from borrowing laptops
You are responsible for the laptop/charger while it is loaned to you. It must not be left unattended or loaned to anyone else. Fees will be charged for stolen, lost and damaged laptops and chargers. If you are aware that what you loan is damaged, please take it to the Library Enquiry Desk as soon as you notice the fault.
|Loss of power cable||£30|
|Laptop requires repair||£50|
|Laptop is returned in an irreparable condition (as specified by third party supplier)||£850|
A courtesy email is automatically sent to you whenever you borrow a laptop and charger. It lists the locker details (e.g. 'Locker Number AB 01: Library Laptop'), and the date and time the laptop needs to be returned.