International scholarships: terms and conditions
2023/24 and 2024/25 entry
1. International scholarships (awards) are available to international applicants who are:
- Addressed as international students for fee-paying purposes and are charged the regular international tuition fee for the duration of the programme.
- A new student at the University of Salford, not continuing or progressing from one programme to another (with the exception of self-funded International Foundation year students who are progressing onto an undergraduate course starting in 2024-25 who would be eligible if they meet the grades).
- Studying full-time, on-campus for the duration of the programme.
- Studying an eligible undergraduate or postgraduate taught master's programme. You can find out what scholarships are not eligible for awards on this page and also on the individual scholarship web pages.
- Self-funding. International awards are not available to students where any part of the tuition fees are paid through a sponsoring organisation.
- Not applying for a programme where the tuition fee has been negotiated as part of a partnership or other arrangement to make the fee non-standard.
2. For the purposes of assessing international awards:
- Entry to BSc, BA, LLB, MEng programmes is considered for undergraduate awards.
- Entry to MSc, MA, MBA, LLM programmes is considered for postgraduate awards.
- Entry to MA Architecture (MArch) is considered for postgraduate awards.
- All other qualifications are not eligible for international awards. These include: International Foundation Year, HNC, PG Cert, PG Diploma, MRes, MSc (by research), MPhil, PhD, Graduate Certificate/GradCerts.
- The following are not eligible for international awards: entry to accelerated degrees, distance learning courses, MA Social Work, or programmes where a fee has been negotiated with a partner. Exceptions are only granted if there are targeted specifications in the scholarship criteria. (In)eligible courses may be further specified on the respective scholarship webpage.
3. International awards are not available to students studying part-time, distance or blended learning, or where the study is delivered through an overseas partner unless the scholarship eligibility is specifically designed for these modes of study. You can refer to the eligibility of each scholarship on the individual scholarship pages.
4. There are no awards for entry to the International Foundation Year programme.
5. To confirm the award, you must pay your tuition fee deposit and sign up to the terms and conditions through the scholarship acceptance. No award is confirmed until your tuition fee deposit payment is paid and received. Where a tuition fee deposit wavier is agreed, you must provide the wavier with the award acceptance.
6. Where the awards are merit-based and require an application, the application method, timeline and selection process is advertised on our Scholarships page.
7. All international awards are applied as a discount on the tuition fee for your first year of study only. No cash alternatives are available and awards are not transferable. Where specific merit-based awards are applied in a different way, this will be advertised on our Scholarships page.
8. All international awards are valid only for the programme and date of entry on the offer of admission. Scholarship offers cannot be deferred.
9. If you have already completed an eligible master's from the University of Salford, then apply for a second master's, you can be granted an international scholarship on your second programme of study, but will not be entitled to the loyalty discount.
10. You can apply for more than one award, but will only be eligible to receive one award. This will be the highest in value.
11. The early payment discount can be applied in addition to international awards.
12. The University may cancel any award at any point where the student is found to have claimed under false information.
13. If you terminate or interrupt your studies prior to the completion of your course, both the tuition fees and scholarship are applied on a pro-rata basis as outlined in the 'key facts about fees' document administered by our Fees and Bursaries team.
14. Successful scholarship applicants may get contacted by our international marketing team when they are registered students.
15. All decisions are final. We are unable to provide feedback on unsuccessful awards applications.