International scholarships: terms and conditions
2020/21 and 2021/22 entry
1. International scholarships (awards) are available to international applicants who are:
- Addressed as international students for fee paying purposes and are charged the regular international tuition fee for the duration of the programme.
- A new student studying for the first time at the University of Salford, not continuing or progressing from one programme to another.
- Studying full-time, on-campus for the duration of the programme.
- Studying an eligible undergraduate or postgraduate taught master's programme.
- Self-funding and not sponsored for the tuition fees for the duration of the programme.
- Not applying for a programme where the tuition fee has been negotiated as part of a partnership or other arrangement to make the fee non-standard.
2. For the purposes of assessing international awards:
- Entry to BSc, BA, LLB, MEng programmes are considered for undergraduate awards.
- Entry to MSc, MA, MBA, LLM programmes are considered for postgraduate awards.
- Entry to MA Architecture (MArch) is considered for postgraduate awards.
- All other qualifications are not eligible for international awards. These include: the International Foundation Year, HNC, PG Cert, PG Diploma, MRes, MSc (by research), MPhil, PhD, Graduate Certificate/GradCerts.
- The following are not eligible for international awards: entry to accelerated degrees, distance learning courses, MA Social Work, or programmes where a fee has been negotiated with a partner. Exceptions are only granted if there are targeted specifications in the scholarship criteria.
3. Where an international scholarship includes a country as part of the criteria, the country refers to the applicant’s nationality, as shown on the passport used to apply for the programme of study.
4. International awards are not available to students studying part-time, distance or blended learning, or where the study is delivered through an overseas partner, unless the scholarship eligibility is specifically designed for these modes of study. You can refer to the eligibility of each scholarship on the individual scholarship page.
5. International awards are not available to students where any part of the tuition fees are paid through a sponsoring organisation.
6. There are no awards for entry to the International Foundation Year programme.
7. There are no awards for entry to the Graduate Certificate International Management programme.
8. To confirm the award, the you must pay your tuition fee deposit and sign up to the terms and conditions through the scholarship acceptance. No award is confirmed until the your tuition fee deposit payment is paid and received. Where a tuition fee deposit wavier is agreed, you must provide the wavier with the award acceptance.
9. Where the awards are merit-based and require an application, the application method, timeline and selection process is advertised here.
10. All international awards are applied as a discount on the tuition fee for your first year of study only. No cash alternatives are available and awards are not transferable. Where specific merit-based awards are applied in a different way, this will be advertised here.
11. All international awards are valid only for the programme and date of entry on the offer of admission. Scholarship offers cannot be deferred.
12. If you have already completed an eligible master's from the University of Salford, then apply for a second master's, you can be granted an international scholarship on your second programme of study, but will not be entitled to the loyalty discount.
13. You can apply for more than one award, but will only be eligible to receive one award. This will be the highest in value.
14. The early payment discount can be applied in addition to international awards.
15. The University may cancel any award at any point where the student is found to have claimed under false information.
16. If you terminate or interrupt your studies prior to the completion of your course, both the tuition fees and scholarship are applied on a pro-rata basis as outlined in the 'key facts about fees' document administered by our Fees and Bursaries team.
17. All international award winners must consent to:
- Us using your a photo or video of you to publicise our scholarships.
- Us using any written materials you have produced in relation to the scholarship.
- Volunteering in any recruitment-related publicity or activity (for example, open days, online presentations or acting as a buddy to prospective students).
18. All decisions are final. We are unable to provide feedback on unsuccessful awards applications.