When we find ourselves facing problems or difficulties, it can often be helpful to talk about the situation with another person. In many cases this might be a friend or family member, however in some circumstances it may be easier to talk about your problems with someone independent from your own life. Counselling can provide you with an opportunity to talk through your problems in a confidential setting with a counsellor who has the professional skills and experience to help you to work through your problems.
Talking with a counsellor can help you explore your problem, gain clarity of your situation and develop a deeper understanding of yourself.
You can access counselling with our on-site Counsellors during business hours as well as our Student CareFirst 24/7 phoneline on +44 (0)800 970 1080, which provides emotional support by trained counsellors at any time.
- Help you on your personal journey to understanding yourself
- Do not offer guidance or advice
- Are guided by and adhere to the British Association for Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP) Ethical Framework for Counselling Professions
Making the decision to participate in counselling is a positive and proactive choice. It requires a firm commitment to arrive on time, engage with and attend the sessions. Counselling is a valuable resource in high demand amongst our student population, so we need you to keep your appointment.
- Book in with Counselling by completing the online self-referral form or, if you’re unable to complete the form, contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0)161 295 0023
- Sessions last for 50 minutes
- They take place on a day and time agreed with your counsellor
- Everything in a session is confidential, except in the most exceptional circumstances
We need you to attend your appointments so we can see as many students as possible. If you can’t attend, let us know immediately by contacting +44 (0)161 295 0023 or email@example.com.
Note: Frequent cancellations will lead to withdrawal of counselling sessions and you’ll need to re-join the waiting list.