Professor Zeeshan Aziz
School of Science, Engineering and Environment
I joined the University of Salford in January 2010 as a lecturer in the School of the Built Environment. Prior to joining the School, I worked at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign as a Post-Doctoral Research Fellow on various NSF funded projects. I completed my PhD from Loughborough University in 2005. At Loughborough University, I gained experience working as a Research Assistant on the EPSRC funded WiSECON project. Also, I played a key role in the development of a Work-based Distance Learning MSc in Construction Management programme at Loughborough University.
Currently I supervise four doctoral students and am involved in the supervision of both undergraduate and postgraduate research projects. I have supervised several research projects to completion, including topics on Computer Integrated Construction Management, Building Information Modelling, Knowledge Management and Integrated Design and Delivery Systems.
Areas of research
Construction Automation, Lean Construction, Transportation, Smart Cities, Safety
I currently lead the MSc in Construction Management Programme at the University of Salford. I teach on numerous modules including:
- PG Performance and Integration Management
- PG Project and Production Management
- UG Integrated Design and Delivery Systems
- UG Multi Disciplinary Projects
- HNC/HND Production Management
- Computer Integrated Construction Project Management
- Building Information Modelling for Construction Managers
My research focuses on the three crucial elements that define and defy global Architecture, Engineering and Construction industry:
- Intelligent Construction Collaboration: A key focus of my work is to enhance construction collaboration through the application of innovative tools and techniques.
- Intelligent Integrated Sustainable Construction: Investigating the true environmental impact of construction activities and making efforts in its reduction.
- Disaster Resilient Infrastructure: Enhancing disaster resilience of inter-dependent construction infrastructure.
- BSc Civil Engineering
- MSc Construction and Property Management
- MSc Software Technology, UK
- Fellow of Higher Education Authority, UK