Professor Zeeshan Aziz
School of Science, Engineering and Environment
Professor of Construction Management
Professor Zeeshan holds a Doctorate in Construction Informatics from Loughborough University and currently leads “Infrastructure Research Group” within Centre for Urban Processes, Resilient Infrastructures & Sustainable (Built) Environments (UPRISE) at University of Salford.
He is an international leading expert with 20 years’ experience in Construction Process Innovation research, with 100+ scientific publications, supervision of 22 Doctoral students and having lead several national and international research projects to completion, in subject areas of Computer Integrated Construction Management, Building Information Modelling, Knowledge Management and Integrated Design and Delivery Systems. His research has received funding from a variety of national and international funding bodies including Higher Education Funding Council for England, Qatar National Research Fund, Highways England Innovation Fund, British Council, UK-China-BRI initiative, Going Global Partnership and Royal Academy of Engineering. As part of Newton funding, he has developed research partnerships with institutions in Turkey, Vietnam, Philippines, Jordan, Indonesia and Pakistan.
Professor Zeeshan has a track record of building strong industry engagements by successfully delivering enterprise funded projects sponsored by Jacobs, Balfor Beatty, Atkin, Highways England and WSP Parsons Brinckerhoff, helping address various industry challenges. The industrial experience underpins his research and teaching interests. His academic leadership experience includes leading the MSc Construction Management programme for 8 years and his current role combines research, administration and teaching activities.
Areas of research
Construction Automation, Lean Construction, Transportation, Smart Cities, Safety
I currently lead the MSc in Construction Management Programme at the University of Salford. I teach on numerous modules including:
- PG Performance and Integration Management
- PG Project and Production Management
- UG Integrated Design and Delivery Systems
- UG Multi Disciplinary Projects
- HNC/HND Production Management
- Computer Integrated Construction Project Management
- Building Information Modelling for Construction Managers
My research focuses on the three crucial elements that define and defy global Architecture, Engineering and Construction industry:
- Intelligent Construction Collaboration: A key focus of my work is to enhance construction collaboration through the application of innovative tools and techniques.
- Intelligent Integrated Sustainable Construction: Investigating the true environmental impact of construction activities and making efforts in its reduction.
- Disaster Resilient Infrastructure: Enhancing disaster resilience of inter-dependent construction infrastructure.
- BSc Civil Engineering
- MSc Construction and Property Management
- MSc Software Technology, UK
- Fellow of Higher Education Authority, UK