Dr. Toni Sant
School of Arts and Media
Digital Curation Lab Director
I have worked in higher education in the UK since 2004, after obtaining an MA (1998) and a PhD (2003) in Performance Studies from New York University.
Before joining the University of Salford I was a Reader in Digital Curation at the University of Hull’s Scarborough Campus, and previously Senior Lecturer in Arts & New Media (2010-2013), and Lecturer in Performance and Creative Technologies (2004-2010).
Since 2014 I am also the Artistic Director of Spazju Kreattiv, Malta’s national centre for creativity in Valletta. Similarly, I have worked as Education Programme Organiser with Wikimedia UK, a charity that supports Wikipedia and other open knowledge projects.
Areas of research
Digital humanities, Digital curation, Media archaeology, Digital preservation, Open knowledge
Postgraduate dissertations related to the research interests below are welcomed.
- Digital Curation
- Digital Cultural Heritage
- Digital Media Preservation
- Digital Performance and Creative Arts
- Histories of the Internet
- PhD (New York University – 2003)
- MA (New York University – 1998)
- BA (Hons) (University of Malta –1996)
- Senior Fellow – Higher Education Academy
- Technical Reviewer and Member – AHRC Peer Review College
- Associate Editor – International Journal of Performance Arts & Digital Media