School of Arts and Media
Crescent House Room 203
Please email for an appointment.
Lecturer in Drama and English
Szilvi has started working as a DRAMA LECTURER for the English Subject group in September 2010 . Originally from Budapest and Geneva Szilvi is trilingual , with English, Hungarian and French.
Szilvi has had theatrical practitioner background as an actor and producer. Following her Bachelor's degree in Drama and Theatre Arts from The university of London, Goldsmiths college she studied acting at the Lee Strasberg Theatre Institute and at The American Academy of Dramatic Arts in New York. Szilvi runs a small theatre company Ignition Stage that is dedicated to producing translated plays from Central Europe.
Szilvi, is still involved in professional acting and can still be heard on Radio 4 dramas. Her research interest is Drama Translation. She is currently translation Hungarian Contemporary Drama into English.
Areas of research
Drama, Translation, Hungarian Literature, Performance, Feminist
Szilvi teaches Drama modules across all levels. She also contributes to the MA in Translation Studies degree
- Intro to Drama
- The Method
- Page to Stage
- Working the Text
- Creative Practice
- Drama Translation and drama pedagogy.
- Szilvi is working on her PhD with Supervisors Prof Alan Williams and Prof Peter Buse
- Szilvi has recently been awarded the Vice Chancellor's Early Career Scolarshipwhich will allow her to work with English and Hungarian actors in order to create a drama translation laboratory in Budapset
- Szilvi has recently organised two translation symposia. She will be co editor of an upcoming publication of the proceedings.
- She has recently been commissioned to translate a new play by Hungarian dramatist György Spiro.
- Fellow of The Higher Education Academy