School of Arts and Media
Lecturer in Music Technology
My specialist fields are composition, sound design and sound recording. Alongside lecturing at UoS, I create music and sound for film and gallery installations. I have over 11 years professional experience creating music for media. I also perform / record with the bands Yields and We Are Willow
Areas of research
Sound, Music, Audio-Visual, Landscape, Soundscape
- Level 3 Introduction to Music Technology.
- Level 4 Fundamentals of Composition & Technology
- Level 4 Applied Composition & Technology
- Level 5 Audio For Media
- Level 6: Supervision of final year portfolios.
My research and creative practice focuses on exploring the boundaries between musical composition and sound design, whilst developing new collaborative projects for film and gallery based work.
- MA Music (Composition) - University of Salford
- BA Hons Popular Music & Recording - University of Salford
Fellow of the HEA (Higher Education Academy)