School of Health and Society
Mary Seacole MS 3.09
Please email for an appointment.
Head of Mental Health Nursing
Seán joined the University of Salford in 2004 as a lecturer in Mental Health Nursing and took up the interim position of Head of Mental Health Nursing in July 2020. Seán’s clinical background as a mental health nurse centred on working with young people who experienced mental health problems. Seán is a registered general nurse, a registered mental health nurse and a registered nurse teacher with the Nursing & Midwifery Council.
Seán completed his first degree in nursing studies, his masters in professional practice and his post-graduate certificate in higher education research and practice at the University of Salford. Seán represents the University as a member of influential Mental Health Nurse Academics UK, he is an external examiner for the BSc (Hons) Mental Health nursing programme at the University of Hull and recently acted as external advisor for the BSc (Hons) Counselling Coaching and Psychological Interventions programme at the University of Central Lancashire.
- BSc (Hons) Mental Health Nursing
- MA Mental Health Nursing
- Mental Health Nursing
- Contemporary Issues in Nursing
- Preparation for Autonomous Nursing Practice.
- University Link Lecturer Lead for mental health nursing placements in the region
- BSc (Hons) Nursing Studies, University of Salford
- MSc Professional Practice with Merit, University of Salford
- Post Graduate Certificate in Higher Education Research & Practice, University of Salford
- Diploma in Professional Studies: Mental Health Nursing, University of Manchester
- Certificate in Counselling Skills, University of Manchester
- Registered General Nurse, West Pennine College of Health Studies
- Fellow of The Higher Education Academy
- Mental Health Nurse Academics UK
- Nursing & Midwifery Council
- University & College Union
- National Mental Capacity Forum
- Creative HE